- The first Crimes of Grindelwald trailer is here!
- The hosts give their initial thoughts and break things down scene-by-scene
- It’s good to see you again, Hogwarts
- You can apparate on the grounds of Hogwarts?
- Our first look at Jude Law as Dumbledore. Is he never not having run-ins with the Ministry?
- Why was Dumbledore being confronted in the DADA classroom?
- Why did he send Newt to Paris?
- Grindelwald and Rosier: who are they speaking to?
- Credence and the Maledictus: how did he learn to channel his inner obscurus?
- Inside the French Ministry of Magic: what’s with all the beasts on the ceiling?
- Ride that Kelpie, Newt!
- Just who is checking out cryptic messages on walls in underground rooms?
- Credence and Leta… long lost siblings?
- The circus is finally in town! Is this how Credence made his way from New York to Paris?
- Grindelwald’s escape – did LEGO spoil a major plot point?
- Why can’t Dumbledore move again Grindelwald? Why does it have to be Newt?
- The brothers Scamander battle in a graveyard
Running time: 1:20:27, 48.3 MB
- Slug Club member Alex joins the show
- Cursed Child surprises fans with preview tickets – can we expect more of this in the future?
- Andrew shares a letter from his 11-year-old self
- The 777 Challenge is officially underway through March 31!
- Main Discussion: Were Harry, Snape & Voldemort modern-day versions of The Three Brothers?
- Did Dumbledore represent Death? JKR likes this theory!
- We break down Voldemort as Antioch (the one who died for power), Snape as Cadmus (the one who died for love) and Harry as Ignotus (the one who greeted Death as an old friend)
- Does Dumbledore actually fit better as the second brother? Or could he be representative of all three brothers at different stages of his life? We discuss.
- Did we ever consider these possibilities after reading Deathly Hallows?
- Patrons share their thoughts
- Owl Post covers potion regulations, boggarts and video games
- Quizzitch: What is the name of the goblin (besides Griphook) that Harry encounters with the Potterwatch crew?
- Bonus MuggleCast: Crookshanks and The Potters
Running time: 1:09:40, 41.8 MB
- Slug Club member Greg joins the show all the way from Singapore
- A new Hogwarts Mystery trailer has been released
- Cursed Child announces their Friday Forty program
- We reveal our plans for the 777 Challenge! Learn more and see the mug design at right here
- Main Discussion: Potions in the Wizarding World
- We react to JKR stating that muggles can’t properly brew potions
- From Ageing Potions to the Elixir of Life to Mandrake Draught we run down the list of different types of potions
- Would the hosts be good at making them? Are we patient enough? Careful with instructions?
- Which potion does each host wish they could have in real life?
- Is there a time we wish we could have used Veritaserum? Felix Felicis?
- Over/under: How many times will Polyjuice Potion be used in Fantastic Beasts?
- The hosts create their own potions (assuming we’re wizards of course)
- Patreon Question of the Week: If you could take Polyjuice Potion for an hour, who would you turn into and why?
- Voicemails cover Cedric Diggory, Mrs. Black, and feedback on our Fudge episode
- Quizzitch: Name the members of The Advance Guard that come to Privet Drive to pick up Harry in Order of the Phoenix
- Bonus MuggleCast: We explore the theory that the Dursleys’ feelings towards Harry were magnified by the presence of a horcrux!
- This week’s episode is sponsored by NBC’s Rise, Blue Apron, and ZipRecruiter!
Running time: 1:17:12, 46.3 MB
- We will be at LeakyCon 2018 this summer in Dallas, TX!
- The Studio Tour is adding a Goblet of Fire special beginning March 30
- Cursed Child producer believes fans would want a Part 3… what?!?
- We interview The Potter Collector (Instagram)who enlightens us on his more than 1,000 books!
- How did he first get into the Potter series?
- Does he have a favorite translated edition?
- What’s his most prized possession? Is there anything he still needs to get his hands on?
- Does he collect Fantastic Beasts? Cursed Child? Or anything movie related?
- What kind of precautions does he take to protect his collection?
- Is he aware of other Potter collectors? How does his collection stack up?
- Fans should be on the lookout for #HarryPotterCollector Day on March 5
- Voicemails ask about post-Potter film roles, a little Scabbers foreshadowing, and bad Harry Potter TV show ideas.
- Chicken Soup from Mexico City
- Quizzitch: What is the core of Fleur Delacour’s wand, and the story surrounding it?
Running time: 1:06:22, 39.8 MB
- Eric is back!
- News covers John Williams, Cursed Child, Digital Illustrated Editions and Allison Sudol
- A new segment called The Pensieve debuts, as we look back at parts of the Potter series now that we’re older!
- Our first discussion centers around Cornelius Fudge and his denial of Voldemort’s return
- Fudge refuses to believe credible sources such as Dumbledore and Harry
- Comparisons are made to present-day politics
- For more discussion on Potter Politics, be sure to check out Episode 162
- Main Discussion: How many editions of the Potter series is too many?
- The hosts share how many versions of each book they currently own
- Patrons weigh in with their thoughts, including one listener who has more than 200 copies!
- Owl Post covers Ebbingdales, Jacob in Paris and a new Quidditch film series
- We have a big Patreon announcement and share plans for 2018
- Quizzitch: What famous Quidditch player died after encountering a Chimera, and has a wing in St. Mungo’s Hospital named after him? Bonus: What’s the specialty of the wing?
- We’ll see you in two weeks!
Running time: 1:20:01, 48 MB
- Eric…? Eric…?
- Slug Club member Ken joins the show
- Guessing Game: How many books has the Harry Potter series sold to date? How many do we think are duplicate copies?
- Eric…? Eric…?
- We respond to David Yates’ recent comments about how Dumbledore’s sexuality will play into Fantastic Beasts 2
- Saying that “all fans are aware of that” has not sat well with…well…the fans
- JKR and the Wizarding World preach inclusion and acceptance but have shied away from embracing LGBTQ characters
- That said, Dumbledore still needs to be introduced in the Fantastic Beasts series and fans need to learn about his history with Grindelwald’s
- We haven’t seen Jude Law’s portrayal of Dumbledore and we know he spent time learning about the character from Rowling
- Rowling is the screenwriter, she’s the one who knows the backstory and she has four films to tell it
- Eric…? Eric…?
- In honor of Groundhog’s Day we each create a weather-predicting fantastic beast
- Southern Hagrid makes an appearance
- Owl Post covers last weekend’s Celebration of Harry Potter
- Voicemails return!
- Quizzitch: In Chapter 10 of Half-Blood Prince, “The House of Gaunt,” Hermione is seen working on an essay entitled what?
- Check out upcoming dates on the Harry Potter In Concert tour
- Eric…? Eric…?
Running time: 1:03:15, 45.3 MB
- Micah and Andrew attend A Celebration of Harry Potter in Orlando
- We try Butterbeer tequila at Antojitos in Universal CityWalk
- Cast Q&A with Natalia Tena (Tonks), Stanislav Ianevski (Krum), James & Oliver Phelps (Weasley twins) and Bonnie Wright (Ginny)
- Pottermore announces a new Quidditch Through The Ages audiobook
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition is headed to Milan in May
- Guests were treated to a great performance from the first four films by the Orlando Philharmonic
- The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle debut at the Wizarding World
- Micah tries hot Butterbeer… and Dragon Scale ale… and Hog’s Head Brew
- On Saturday we hit the expo floor to check out all of the vendors
- The original Goblet of Fire and the Hogwarts letter spitter were among the special effects on display from the Studio Tour in London
- We caught up with MinaLima, the graphic designers of the Harry Potter films, demoed the new Hogwarts Mystery mobile game and got a virtual reality tour of Newt’s suitcase
- Scholastic gave us a glimpse at some concept art for the 20th anniversary editions as well as let us step inside a life-size version of Sorcerer’s Stone
- Just what in the world is Globus Mundi? Andrew hopes to be a trendsetter this November!
- We touch on how we think the celebration can be improved in future years, including more Fantastic Beasts integration
- Be sure to check out our newest sponsor Bright Cellars for an amazing offer
Running time: 1:15:34, 45.3 MB
- Slug Club member Alex joins the show
- Scholastic announces 20th anniversary editions for all seven Potter books, but they’re kinda disappointing.
- Eddie Redmayne talks Crimes of Grindelwald bringing us closer to the Potter series
- Our thoughts on the new Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery video game trailer
- Main Discussion: Book Covers
- We compare the U.S. and UK book covers from Sorcerer’s Stone to Deathly Hallows. Which of each is better?
- The hosts name their top 3 original Potter book covers and give one honorable mention
- Check out our interview with U.S. illustrator Mary Grandpre back on Episode 172
- Patreon Question of the Week: Which Potter title would you change and why?
- Owl Post covers This Week in MuggleCast History, an interesting Fantastic Beasts quote from JKR and last week’s discussion on Merope Gaunt
- Quizzitch: Which character was chosen by all four Ilvermorny houses?
- Andrew and Micah are headed to Orlando for A Celebration of Harry Potter (keep an eye out for meetup info)
- In Bonus MuggleCast, available on Patreon, we discuss which cover should have completely gone back to the drawing board, and which cover best depicts Harry at his current age?
Running time: 1:19:23, 47.6 MB
- Slug Club member Ashley joins the show
- Jude Law sits down with JKR to learn about Dumbledore’s character
- Chamber of Secrets gets the House Edition treatment (and so will the rest of the series)
- Nighttime shows are coming to Wizarding World Orlando while Cursed Child rehearsals begin on Broadway
- Dan Radcliffe weighs in on the Johnny Depp/Grindelwald debate
- Ashley has her own discussion ready for the show and wants to know how Jacob will get his memory back?
- She breaks down what we know about memory charms to date and characters who’ve experienced them
- How exactly can a memory charm be broken? How much does Jacob remember by the end of Fantastic Beasts?
- Since the Swooping Evil venom is supposed to erase bad memories, is there a chance Jacob’s memory wasn’t fully erased?
- Will Jacob regain his memory in full? Will it be over time through a series of flashbacks through Fantastic Beasts 2?
- Did the murtlap bite somehow prevent him from losing his full memory?
- Could JKR offer further education on memory charms via Pottermore to prepare us?
- Main Discussion: The Gaunt Family
- Given Voldemort’s recent birthday, we take a look at his family: Merope, Morfin and Marvolo
- Is there anything we actually like about these characters?
- Andrew gets incestuous asking if the other hosts would ever marry their cousins
- Could we ever love somebody after we found out they had us under a spell?
- Should Tom Riddle Sr. have sought out his son and tried to raise him?
- We discuss the distinction between Tom Riddle Jr. and Voldemort being able to love
- Do we see the Gaunt family playing a role in future Fantastic Beasts films?
- Email and text messages cover the Wizarding World’s third expansion and the Potter films moving to HBO
- This Week in MuggleCast history looks at Episodes 72, 128, 168 and 189
- Quizzitch: To whom, in the Harry Potter universe, is Mark Evans related?
Running time: 1:23:01, 49.8 MB
- We recap our New Years in Chicago
- Photos, Cards Against Humanity, bowling and more
- A special guest joins us for our landmark 350th episode
- Dumbledore gives his Top 14 New Years Resolutions To Make Hogwarts Safer
- A few Fantastic Beasts stills were released during the holidays
- Where’s Dumbledore sitting? Who sent Newt that postcard? What’s Grindelwald staring at?
- Harry Potter Weekends on Freeform are no more as the series moves to HBO!
- Now that they are all on demand, patrons share which movie they would watch first
- JKR releases a statement on why she blocked a fan and the hosts have mixed reactions
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic in NYC dates are announced
- One listener shares a very interesting theory on the Chinese beast alluded to in Crimes of Grindelwald
Running time: 57:17, 34.4 MB