- Listener Rebuttals and Voice Rebuttals
- We make a PSA about Juvenille Arthritis (learn more here)
- We go back to answering some book seven questions
- Horcruxes revisted…where are the 3 unknowns?
- Pettigrew’s final debt to Harry: giving him a Horcrux?
- What will become of Draco?
- What role will the Ministry of Magic play?
- This week’s Butterbeer discusses the actors and actresses’ privacy
- Voicemails are back!
- Does Trelawney remember Snape hearing part of the prophecy?
- Legilimency and Harry
- Do we get made fun of for loving Harry Potter?
- When you extract memories from your mind, is it a copy or does it actually leave your mind?
- Laura rox our sox
- Does anyone else besides Voldemort have Horcruxes?
- This Week in Potter: the HBP title is released
- Is the title of book seven right under our noses?
- Andrew is convinced, and he’s got three potential titles.
- Next week: MuggleCast LIVE!
- Chicken Soup for the MuggleCast Soul
- Andrew performs a MuggleCast rap by Nixi with Ben handling the beat
Running time: 1:04:49, 26.3 MB
- Guess who’s back (everyone down to the dance floor)
- Micah rips on the Georgian lady who hates Harry
- Listener Rebuttals respond to Prophecies and Trelawney
- New names for Micah
- Some great quotes from Chapter 17 of Sorcerer’s Stone
- Where do we see foreshadowing of Horcruxes?
- Matt Vines makes a funny
- Character Discussion: Percy Weasley
- Matt makes another funny! Boy, he’s on a roll
- Will Percy ever make up with the family?
- Which side is Percy on?
- The differences between Percy’s and Voldemort’s equal goals
- Magically doing “it”
- Spy on Spartz asks, “Why is the world round?”
- Gimme a Butterbeer speaks out against spoilers
- Three years ago this week OOTP was released…where were we?
Running time: 1:03:01, 25.6 MB
- We finally got rid of Andrew!
- Even though National Wear Your MuggleCast T-shirt Day is over, you can still support the show by purchasing your MuggleCast T-shirt today! There are two different logos available in five sizes.
- Send Subway gift cards to Ben, and maybe heíll send your letters and packages to the other Casters…
- Listener Rebuttals
- What happens when people under the Fidelius Charm die?
- Main Discussion, part one: Horace Slughorn
- Slughorn is selfish!
- Could Slughorn unify Slytherin with the other Hogwarts houses?
- Main Discussion, part two: Prophecies
- What exactly is a prophecy?
- What happens if a prophecy isnít fulfilled?
- What did the smashed prophecies in OOTP mean?
- How often do true seers come about?
- Favorites: Favorite Weasley
Running time: 1:01:00, 24.4 MB
- National Wear Your MuggleCast T-Shirt Day was a success!
- June 7th is part two, and coincidentally Eric’s graduation day
- We premiere Voice Rebuttals and go through our regular Listener Rebuttals
- Why is Dumbledore’s office password protected?
- In our latest Editorial segment, Laura and Micah talk to Robbie Fischer who runs The Book Trolley and The Magic Quill
- This week’s Gimme a Butterbeer: Blame it all on Harry
- What does a “No Comment” from Jo mean?
- Who was at Godric’s Hollow that fateful night?
- Could those who often use the phrase “silly girl” clue us in on who was there?
- Why didn’t Voldemort use an Unbreakable Vow with his followers?
- Is Colin Creevey’s camera electronic? Kevin puts the question to bed with his nerdy brilliance.
- Chicken Soup for the MuggleCast Soul
Running time: 1:24:27, 34.2 MB
- Andrew apologizes for spoiling the OC
- Eric reveals what’s in this week’s PO Box (look out, Ben!)
- National Wear Your MuggleCast T-Shirt Day is THIS FRIDAY
- Listener Rebuttals cover our listener’s thoughts on translations, cursing, and Christianity
- It’s the one year anniversary of the MuggleCast idea being born
- For the first time ever, we tell the story of how MuggleCast was born, how Micah made it on, and more
- Chapter by Chapter: Ch 15 of Sorcerer’s Stone, “The Forbidden Forest”
- Occlumency, Red vs Green Sparks, how to conjure sparks, Centaurs
- Why does McGonagall hate Divination?
- Dumbledore returning the Invisibility Cloak
- This week’s Give Me a Butterbeer calls out stereotypes and prejudice in Potter
- Is there a distinguishing factor that makes someone a half-blood, pureblood, or Mudblood?
- How did Fudge’s opinion on Voldemort’s being back change?
- Dumbledore would trust Hagrid with his life. Would he trust Hagrid with keeping his fake death a secret?
- Andrew’s driving now (stay off the roads!)
Running time: 1:21:47, 35.3 MB
- MuggleNet staffer Jess joins in the discussion!
- Pokeflutes wake Snorlax up; they don’t put them to sleep. DUH, Andrew.
- Laura provides a real-life example of the way people look at Lucius
- More parallels are drawn between real-world and wizarding-world governments
- Why is Lucius so hard on Draco?
- How much political influence does he have?
- Was Lucius in on a plot to abduct Professor Trelawney?
- We learn Ben tried to mingle with Jason Isaacs but was robbed of the opportunity by Leaky’s Sue and John
- Chapter by Chapter: Chapter 14 of Sorcerer’s Stone
- Hagrid can read?
- Why does Draco keep quiet about Norbert?
- Jess hates Dumbledore!
- This week’s Spy on Spartz completes Ben’s life
- Is it possible Dumbledore left a message for Harry via Hagrid? Kevin presents the evidence.
- Ben sounds off over the ongoing debate of Christianity in HP
- Favorites: Umbridge’s Educational Decrees
Running time: 1:27:17, 35.3 MB
- We discuss Jo’s upcoming trip to the USA
- Our new monthly Book 7 discussions commences
- Will Harry return to Godric’s Hollow?
- We wrap up our long-running discussion about Hogwarts’ staying open the seventh year.
- Ben uses a clever analogy to illustrate how the government’s reactions to the September 11th attacks are similar to Hogwarts’ reaction to the Death Eaters’ infiltrating Hogwarts.
- Will we be seeing Aberforth?
- Who’s Harry going to rely on when finding Horcruxes?
- Spy on Spartz returns with a new rule that’s sure to get the fangirls excited
- Chapter-by-Chapter: Chapter 13 of SS: Nicolas Flamel
- We discuss the effect Harry’s dreams have on him
- Less focus on the fluff, more focus on the bad guy stuff
- The history of the REAL Nicolas Flamel
- Ben premieres a new segment: Give Me a Butterbeer
- Do Lily and James know about the prophecy?
- Was it the PokeFlute that put Fluffy to sleep?
Running time: 1:07:37, 23.6 MB
- Andrew works with Congress and President Bush to bring you our next contest
- Character discussions are back! This week: Mad-Eye Moody
- What does the name Alastor mean?
- Where did Moody get his magical eye from?
- Why did imposter Moody suggest that Harry become an Auror?
- More Horcrux talk
- Chapter by Chapter: Chapter 12, “The Mirror of Erised”
- Does Filch know Snape is onto Quirrell?
- Will Harry run across the mirror once again?
- Invisibility discussion
- Dueling club: Hippogriff vs Thestral
- What is Dumbledore’s Boggart?
- What would Hermione see in the Mirror of Erised?
- We discuss our Favorite Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers
Running time: 1:10:15, 24.5 MB
- Snape…good or evil?
- Could Snape be just working for himself?
- The debate over Malfoy knowing of Filch’s presence is finished
- Discussion on the delivery of the Nimbus 2000
- Why doesn’t Oliver know what basketball is?
- What will Harry do after Hogwarts?
- We already know that Jo doesn’t enjoy writing about Quidditch, and now we find the proof in the books
- Please Jo: Make Harry a hot dog vendor!
- What are the requirements for nonverbal spells?
- Laura proves the crazy I-Hate-Harry-Potter-Georgian-Lady wrong.
- The house points system
- Why did the editors want to cut the troll scene?
- Is your first wand the best wand?
- Veritaserum: is THE truth told?
- DaVinci Code discussion
- Is the boggart seen in its original form when Mad-Eye spots it?
- Collectormania podcast update
Running time: 1:08:18, 23.8 MB
- The answer to converting Muggle money to Wizarding money
- The answer to why Quirrell had Voldemort on the back of his head
- Astronomy tower discussion
- More debate over the HP7 release date
- Chapter-by-Chapter discussion: Chapter 9 of Sorcerer’s Stone
- Ben looks like a swan?
- Harry the natural flyer
- What’s the deal with the school brooms?
- Trophy room protection
- Why are students forbidden from walking around at night?
- Why does the Bloody Baron patrol the halls?
- Did Peeves’ voice put Fluffy to sleep?
- New segment: FAVORITES
- PO Box update
- Jamie’s British Joke of the Day
- A big Collectormania podcast announcement
Running time: 1:05:05, 22.7 MB