On our August 21, 2005 edition of MuggleCast…
While Dumbledore got a black hand in The Half-Blood Prince, will Goblet of Fire get a black eye at the box office? New clips were revealed this week of the fourth Harry Potter film, as well as its official PG-13 rating. As the time frame for the release of the final book gets debated, just how long will HP 7 be? One fan suggested it will rival War and Peace. And just who will help Harry with his heroic Horcrux hunt? Plus, did somebody forget to clean up underneath Fawkes’ perch? Why did everybody’s favorite phoenix fail to come to Dumbledore’s aid?
From the Ministry of Magic to the Order of the Phoenix…all that and more ahead with Andrew, Ben, Eric, and Jamie on this edition of MuggleCast.
- Special co-hosts: Eric Scull and Jamie Lawrence
- Our take on the international teaser trailer
- How will WB handle filming of future movies?
- What about an extended version on DVD for diehard fans?
- Eric’s dentist goes through a chapter of the books each night with his child
- Where was Fawkes when Dumbledore was in danger?
- We consider the options for a HP 7 release date of 7-7-07
- And how about length?
- Andrew’s closing MuggleNet the moment HP7 is released, but Eric will keep his Caption Contest open forever
- Who will help Harry search for Horcruxes?
- Was Dumbledore’s hand burnt because of his weakness?
- Is the Order in danger of being found out?
- An interesting theory on where Ollivander went
- Ministry of Magic’s role in HP7
- No cheating on iTunes!
- Thanks to Andrew and Kenneth for their great rendition of Hedwig’s theme!
Running time: 45:10, 25.90 MB
On our August 14, 2005 edition of MuggleCast…
The Goblet of Fire and American Pie… two movies with something in common? As the fourth HP film receives a verdict on its official rating, the jury is still out on Draco Malfoy. From Ontario to Missouri, the people want to know… just who will the newest Death Eater side with? And as the clock counts down to a South Pacific world premiere, just whose time will be up by the end of Book 7? Two years… too long to conceal our thoughts. Plus, while our favorite wandmaker has gone missing, something huge was discovered about Lily Potter.
From Dark Marks to Dark Secrets… all that and more ahead with Andrew, Kevin, and a special co-host on this edition of MuggleCast.
- Special co-host: Aris Janetakos
- Special guest announcer: Ben Schoen (after feeling bad he missed out on taping the actual podcast)
- Bear with poor Kevin…he’s got a wisdom tooth coming in
- Main Topic: GOF is rated PG-13
- Andrew says this one will appeal to more teens, less parent/child groups
- Deaths = given PG-13
- We think movies 5, 6, and 7 will also receive this prestigious award
- Whose side is Draco on?
- Aris and Kevin think Draco’s going to end up helping Harry
- What did the Pensieve mean?
- Unbreakable Vows… what are the rules?
- Snape loves Lily
- Poor Ollivander…where could he have gone? (Andrew’s expecting a letter from him soon)
Running time: 36:55, 21.20 MB
- This week: Discussing HBP
- Top News: New GOF Pictures, GOF release dates
- Andrew thinks this movie will be one of the best
- Kevin says this one will be better for the Harry Potter fans
- Yet Ben thinks WB focuses the appeal on the general public, rather than the fans
- Discussion of PG/PG-13 rating
- Do younger kids read the series?
- GOF release dates
- July 16th = huge success
- JKR is using HBP to setup HP7 perfectly
- Harry will return to Hogwarts… but not for normal reasons
- Misprinted copies are bound to happen
- Horcruxes…what are they?
- So who IS R.A.B? We discuss clues and different options
- Relationships in HBP
- Ben has an excellent Shakespeare-like mind
- We highlight [Deceased Character]isnotdead.com and discuss that character’s future effects on the book
- Is Snape evil or is he really on the good side?
- Portraits: how well can you communicate with them?
- Discussion of book seven
Running time: 50:31, 29.70 MB