Peter Pettigrew – not your average garden rat. While it is clear that Wormtail aligns himself with those in power, it seems unclear as to which Death Eater the Dark Lord trusts more: Snape or Wormtail? Plus, while Andrew spy’s on a First Lady, just who was spying on who at Spinner’s End? And will Wormtail’s silver hand play an instrumental role in repaying Harry’s debt?
From Evanna Lynch to Imelda Staunton…all that and more ahead with Andrew, Eric, Laura, and Micah on this week’s edition of MuggleCast.
- We discuss the Black Family Tree donation by JKR to Book Aid
- Order of the Phoenix casting rundown
- It’s February – vote for us on Podcast Alley
- Stop by our store and buy some shirts
- We pitch our new Editorial Segment
- Support OperationSudan.org: a site created by Laura and Elysa to raise awareness and support the crisis in Sudan
- Main Discussion – Peter Pettigrew
- What drew him to Lord Voldemort?
- Why did Dumbledore let him become Secret Keeper?
- If he was all about self-protection, why wasn’t he in Slytherin?
- Does courage always have to be shown in a good light?
- How much magical ability does he possess?
- Why did the Marauders befriend him?
- Why was he allowed into the Order? How did they treat him?
- How did he get to the Weasleys?
- Why didn’t he attack Harry before revealing himself in Prisoner of Azkaban?
- Who is trusted more by Voldemort: Snape or Wormtail?
- Was Snape spying on Wormtail or Wormtail on Snape?
- How will he repay his debt to Harry? Who is his silver hand meant for?
- What will his fate be in Book 7?
- Dueling Club is back with a new format
- Petunia (Eric) vs. Bellatrix (Laura) and Dobby (Micah) vs. Luna Lovegood (Andrew)
- “You weren’t ready for the Dobster!”
- Andrew’s Listener Challenge update
- Las Vegas Minute
Running time: 1:10:25, 28.5 MB
MC.com bonus: Listen to some additional outtakes from Micah’s news.