On our September 16th, 2005 edition of The Leaky Mug…
- MuggleNet and The Leaky Cauldron unite once again to discuss our thoughts on the new Goblet of Fire trailer
- Andrew’s lesson of the day: never post articles to AOL unless you’ve tested them first
- We put to bed several questions that rose up after viewers saw the trailer
- Michael Gambon — a good Dumbledore?
- The trivia contest IS on between MuggleNet and Leaky
- One of our listeners runs into Emerson at Notre Dame while listening to the show
- Melissa is dating Ben, Barty Crouch Sr, and John
- …Kevin is upset
- Melissa speaks out for the first time about Harry/Hermione shippers
- A BIG announcement about a certain event after the GOF premiere
Running time: 35:27, 16.90 MB
On our September 11, 2005 edition of MuggleCast…
While the Voldemort Contest has come to a close, just why was the door to 12 Grimmauld Place wide open for Mundungus Fletcher? And though it is clear those closest to Harry may be in grave danger in the final book, the Harry-Horcrux connection remains rather blurred. Plus, why was Professor Slughorn so knowledgeable about Tom Riddle’s objects of desire?
From Dumbledore-faced whole-wheat toast to Billy Joe’s great audio-post… all that and more ahead with Andrew, Ben, Eric, and Jamie on this week’s edition of MuggleCast.
- Micah buys Dumbledore toast on eBay…and eats it
- Our ‘101 Ways to Kill Voldemort’ ends right now!
- Ben tells us about different ways people listen to the show
- Andrew planned to speak at the Apple keynote with Steve but had no plane ticket
- Note to JKR: audiobooks can be pirated from iTunes!
- Why could Mundungus get into Grimmauld place?
- Our new favorite voicemail caller: Billy Joe
- A fellow staff member asks how we make the show
- We discuss Fortescue’s involvement
- If Harry or his scar were a Horcrux, why would Voldemort try to kill him?
- Are Ron and Hermione on death’s door?
- What stops Voldemort from creating more Horcruxes?
- How did Slughorn find out about the Horcruxes?
- Jamie’s British Joke of the Day
Running time: 42:36, 19.90 MB
On our September 03, 2005 edition of MuggleCast…
While the debt Pettigrew owes to Harry is something to remember, will only one classroom scene in Goblet of Fire be an Unforgivable act? And, is your vote for the U.S. or U.K.? Which one deserves the world premiere? * Phone rings * The crew also tells the tale of how they got hooked on the boy wizard. Plus, is there a prized possession right under our noses — one of the Dark Lord’s Horcruxes hiding at Hogwarts? * Phone rings *
From contest prize announcements to proper name pronouncements… all that and more ahead with Andrew, Ben, Eric, Jamie, and Kevin on this week’s edition of MuggleCast.
- We announce the prizes that can be won in our contest
- Andrew promotes the “Free iPod Book” found on our new downloading blog
- Thanks to “King of All Losers” for this great illustration of Andrew yelling at a child in Mr. Nelson’s class
- Eric raves about Ralph Fiennes’ role in The Constant Gardener
- The MuggleCasters look into scene priorities for GOF
- Jamie’s British Joke of the Day (“bee-side”!)
- Another exciting edition of Spy on Spartz
- Reasons for the world premiere in the UK?
- A special guest appearance by Jamie’s phone
- Does Voldemort know when one of his Horcruxes are destroyed?
- Is Tom Riddle’s trophy a possible Horcrux?
- Andrew apologizes for his terrible pronunciation of “Christine”
- Peter Pettigrew’s debt to Harry- playing a role in HP7?
- One listener asks how we got into reading the Potter series
- Trust the Brit, trust the Brit
Download Now Running time: 37:16, 17.10 MB
On our August 28, 2005 edition of MuggleCast…
While there is debate on whether Ralph Fiennes will make a convincing Lord Voldemort, there is no doubt that the special effects in Goblet of Fire are up to par. Just check out the film’s recently released official trailer. And why did Snape’s Killing Curse send Dumbledore sailing through the sky? It’s because he had Air Jordans on, of course. Plus, we’ve got Horcruxed hats, Inheritance interviews, a crazy contest, and a brand-new news segment. Even Yoda stops by. This was one wild show.
From a Brit attempting an American accent to an American attempting a British accent…all that and more ahead with Andrew, Eric, Ben, Eric, Jamie, and Eric on this edition of MuggleCast.
- We announce our Voldemort 101 contest
- Is Ralph Fiennes a good choice for GOF?
- How will all the visual effects effect the film?
- Jamie tries on an American accent
- Yoda makes a surprise appearance on the show and asks, “RAB is who? Clever you are!”
- Does Snape perform an authentic Killing Curse in HBP?
- Possible Horcrux: the Sorting Hat?
- Snape must’ve put quite a mighty spell on Dumbledore…what happened?
- Andrew talks with Mike from Shurtugal.com about the new Eldest book
- Ben puts in yet another shameful promotion for Galadriel Water’s HP Super Sleuth books
Download Now (Torrent file)
Running time: 51:21, 29.40 MB
On our August 26, 2005 edition of MuggleCast…
We clear up the mis-happenings that occurred in iTunes and reveal MuggleNet and TLC’s biggest
secret: we don’t hate each other! Listen as the two podcasts unite for a tell-all show.
- We confess: MN and TLC don’t hate each other!
- iTunes had removed us because of possible copyright infringement, but in the end we had none
- Ben informs the world of what Emerson is doing at the moment
- Kevin reminds everyone that we do know Emerson– it was a joke in EP3
- Melissa says she’s closing Leaky after movie seven! But wait…she’s kidding!
- Andrew calls Steve Jobs out to fix the iTunes glitches
- …and he also plugs EmersonSpartz.net
- We talk GOF premiere information. Andrew thinks he has the scoop!
- Ben announces his NYC premiere plans
- Melissa denies her involvement in the Mafia, but Jamie Waylett insists on it
- Kevin keeps an eye on the Notre Dame grounds to watch for Emerson
Download Now (Torrent file)
Running time: 20:08, 23.10 MB
On our August 21, 2005 edition of MuggleCast…
While Dumbledore got a black hand in The Half-Blood Prince, will Goblet of Fire get a black eye at the box office? New clips were revealed this week of the fourth Harry Potter film, as well as its official PG-13 rating. As the time frame for the release of the final book gets debated, just how long will HP 7 be? One fan suggested it will rival War and Peace. And just who will help Harry with his heroic Horcrux hunt? Plus, did somebody forget to clean up underneath Fawkes’ perch? Why did everybody’s favorite phoenix fail to come to Dumbledore’s aid?
From the Ministry of Magic to the Order of the Phoenix…all that and more ahead with Andrew, Ben, Eric, and Jamie on this edition of MuggleCast.
- Special co-hosts: Eric Scull and Jamie Lawrence
- Our take on the international teaser trailer
- How will WB handle filming of future movies?
- What about an extended version on DVD for diehard fans?
- Eric’s dentist goes through a chapter of the books each night with his child
- Where was Fawkes when Dumbledore was in danger?
- We consider the options for a HP 7 release date of 7-7-07
- And how about length?
- Andrew’s closing MuggleNet the moment HP7 is released, but Eric will keep his Caption Contest open forever
- Who will help Harry search for Horcruxes?
- Was Dumbledore’s hand burnt because of his weakness?
- Is the Order in danger of being found out?
- An interesting theory on where Ollivander went
- Ministry of Magic’s role in HP7
- No cheating on iTunes!
- Thanks to Andrew and Kenneth for their great rendition of Hedwig’s theme!
Download Now (Torrent file)
Running time: 45:10, 25.90 MB