Welcome to MuggleCast, the Harry Potter podcast and your weekly ride into the Wizarding World! Our show has been podcasting about J.K. Rowling’s creation since 2005. In each new episode we discuss all things Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts.
Currently our Harry Potter podcast is hosting a Chapter by Chapter re-read of the series and discussing the latest Wizarding World happenings. Thanks to our supporters on Patreon, we’re currently releasing four episodes per month. You can pledge as little as $2/month to help support the show and receive sweet benefits in return!
Visit our Episodes page for the older shows. A new episode is released every Monday.
Subscribe to our podcast:
We highly recommend subscribing so that you can automatically receive each new episode. To do so, pick one of these options:
- Visit us in the iTunes store, then click ‘Subscribe.’
- iTunes not your thing? We recommend the app “Casts” for Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android. For a free alternative to these apps, use Apple’s official Podcasts app or Podcast & Radio Addict for Android.
- Add us to your app: Search the app’s directory for MuggleCast, or copy and paste this RSS feed into the app: https://audioboom.com/channels/4855957.rss
Find our latest episodes below, or click here to begin browsing our complete archive.
- Slug Club member Sara joins the show!
- Muggle Mail covers Bunty The Spy, Snape The Protector and Snape The Bully
- Chapter-by-Chapter continues with Chapter 22 of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, After The Burial
- 7-Word Summary: Aragog causes Harry no issues with Slughorn
- Despite its dark undertones, is this one of the funniest chapters of the series?
- Eric tells us why Hagrid’s letter defined his Potter reading experience
- Aragog is one of our biggest (literally) connecting threads between Half-Blood Prince and Chamber of Secrets
- Will we see Aragog make an appearance in the Fantastic Beasts series?
- Thanks to Ron… it’s time for Harry to GET LUCKY!
- Thoughts of Ginny… are they romantic or a bit disgusting?
- If the placebo Felix Felicis effect worked on Ron, do we think it could have done the same for Harry?
- Is Slughorn so elusive because he considered Harry would eventually use Felix Felicis?
- Venomous tentacula, acromantula venom, unicorn hair… Slughorn has a side-hussle!
- House-Elves as poison taste-testers! What does this reveal about Slughorn’s character?
- I Will Remember You: our patrons pay tribute to Aragog
- Let’s get drunk! Is this becoming a recurring theme in Half-Blood Prince?
- Does Slughorn feel guilty, maybe even responsible, for what happened to Lily?
- Francis The Fish is possibly the best addition the filmmakers made to the series
- Rename The Chapter and MVP of the Week
- Quizzitch: Who tells Nearly-Headless Nick about Dumbledore’s whereabouts?
- This week’s episode is brought to you by Thirdlove (Go to thirdlove.com/mugglecast to take 15% off your first purchase!), Care/Of (take 50% off your first month with code mugglecast50), and HelloFresh (go to HelloFresh.com/mugglecast80 and use code mugglecast80 for free food)!
Running time: 1:12:16, 43.4 MB
- The latest on JKR’s assistant’s credit card fraud
- Quidditch Through The Ages is getting an illustrated edition!
- Team StarKid is turning 10 and they’re planning an event in LA!
- Muggle Mail covers the cursed DADA position, Dumbledore lecturing Harry and the powers of Hufflepuff’s Cup
- Chapter-by-Chapter continues with Chapter 21 of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, The Unknowable Room
- 7-Word Summary: Harry searches for Draco unsuccessfully but determinedly
- JKR drops yet another subtle hint to the identity of the Half-Blood Prince
- Dobby and Kreacher report back their findings on Malfoy! Despite the result, should Harry have been more explicit with his instructions?
- Why does Harry never consider that Draco could be entering the Room of Requirement?
- What combination of words would we use to try and enter the room?
- Given her persistence, should Hermione have offered Harry suggestions on how to acquire the Slughorn’s memory?
- Snape is having a really bad day (again), but should he be taking it out on his students?
- Why was Tonks in this chapter? What did she need to see Dumbledore about?
- We draw connections between Moaning Myrtle, Draco and Tom Riddle
- The hosts Rename The Chapter and give their MVPs of the Week!
- Quizzitch: When Professor Slughorn gets plant leaves from Professor Sprout, what group of students does he say they are for?
- Don’t forget to follow @MuggleCastPod on Instagram!
- In Bonus MuggleCast, available on Patreon: The creators of the amazing graphic art within the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts film series visit Chicago, and Eric recaps their event.
- This week’s episode is brought to you by Robinhood, the easiest way to invest in stocks, ETFs, cryptos and more. Get a free stock like Apple, Ford, or Sprint at MuggleCast.Robinhood.com!
Running time: 1:04:27, 77.3 MB
- We’re now on Instagram! Follow us!
- A first edition Potter book sells for $90,000! Have any hosts ever been tempted to buy a rare piece of Potter memorabilia?
- Patreon update: Get ready! Signed album art and our 2019 gift are coming! Pledge now to become eligible to receive the goods.
- We take feedback on last week’s J.K. Rowling discussion
- Voicemails cover a listener who doesn’t like JKR (but is nice about it), Fawkes, Horcruxes and Cursed Child San Francisco
- Chapter-by-Chapter continues with Chapter 20 of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Lord Voldemort’s Request
- 7-Word Summary: Voldemort tries again to obtain Dumbledore’s allowance
- Just how is Draco getting the “ingredients” he needs for Polyjuice Potion?
- Hogwarts staffing problem: what’s the deal with Trelawney and Firenze?
- Dumbledore calmly shames Harry for not retrieving Slughorn’s memory. Have we ever experienced anything like this in real life?
- Given everything Harry has been through recently, is this a fair request? Why doesn’t Dumbledore get off his ass and do it himself?
- How might the course of history have changed if Tom Riddle had been allowed to teach at Hogwarts?
- Hepzibah, Hokey and Horcruxes
- What was Voldemort truly after in Dumbledore’s office?
- It is clear Dumbledore had inside information on Voldemort early on. Why didn’t he do more to stop him?
- From tour guide to caretaker, the hosts give Voldemort a job at Hogwarts!
- Rename The Chapter and MVP of the Week return!
- We make several connections between this chapter and Order of the Phoenix
- Quizzitch: How many points does Harry lose for being later to DADA class?
- This week’s episode is brought to you by OpenFit! Work out from the comfort of your own home and see great results — text ‘MUGGLECAST’ to 303030 to receive a special extended 30-day trial!
Running time: 1:22:32, 49.5 MB
- Welcome Slug Club member Kayla!
- The cover for Goblet of Fire: The Illustrated Edition is here — could it be the best one yet?
- Micah may’ve discovered a Cursed Child reference on the cover….
- Details concerning Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure are revealed. Micah was on the scene for an event.
- What mysterious beast will we encounter that never made it into the films?
- The man behind Fantastic Beasts is out at Warner Brothers — will JKR say anything?
- Main Discussion: J.K. Rowling and The Fans Who Now Attack Her
- The hosts react to the recent misleading headlines about Dumbledore and Grindelwald’s “intense sexual” relationship
- How far apart are the headlines from what J.K. Rowling actually said?
- Do fans of the Potter series owe it to themselves to fact check before reacting?
- The Complex History of JKR and Controversy: outing Dumbledore, Ron and Hermione’s relationship, Cursed Child, Native Americans and more
- Is there a very real possibility that we have burned our bridge to JKR as a fandom?
- The hosts and patrons share what they would like to see from JKR in the future. Read everyone’s responses here.
- Quizzitch: In her first memory, what time does Tom Riddle come calling for Hepzibah Smith?
- Bonus MuggleCast (available on Patreon): we discuss the latest news on the upcoming iOS and Android game Harry Potter: Wizards Unite!
Running time: 1:22:32, 49.5 MB
Join the MuggleCasters as they watch Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald together! This is a commentary track in which we watch the entire movie and discuss everything that’s going on. Don’t stop once the credits start rolling — we end up talking all the way through them, and after. We’re those people in the theater who refuse to leave!
This is a movie commentary track meant to be played in sync with your own copy of the film. This commentary is designed to work with American DVDs (which are in NTSC format) and all digital and Blu-ray copies of the movie.
At the beginning of the commentary we help you sync up with us. ENJOY!
Running time: 2:20:10, 84.1 MB
- News on Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is coming!
- MuggleMail covers the Goldstein last name, Accio-ing bullfrogs and the Deathly Hallows
- Chapter-by-Chapter continues with Chapter 19 of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Elf Tales
- 7-Word Summary: Quidditch takes a backseat to Draco’s activities
- Horace Slughorn: Death Eater or Target? Is Dumbledore being reckless again?
- Hermione’s voice of reason: is anyone listening?
- Harry has saved most of the Weasley family. Where was he when Fred needed him most?
- Hagrid’s conversation with Harry and Hermione has strong ties to Chamber of Secrets
- Why is Dumbledore angry with Snape?
- Hagrid displays a side of him we haven’t seen before!
- What does it say about Ron that more people aren’t concerned about what happened to him?
- A “rogue” bludger lands Harry in the hospital… sounds familiar!
- Harry takes his stalking of Draco to a new level with Kreacher and Dobby
- Connecting The Threads, Rename The Chapter and MVP of the Week
- Voicemails cover Fawkes, Newt as an Animagus, Dumbledore and more
- Quizzitch: Who was the DADA teacher when Lord Voldemort was at Hogwarts?
- Our Crimes of Grindelwald commentary is headed your way next week!
- This week’s episode is brought to you by AMC Shudder (Visit discoveryofwitchestv.com and use promo code ‘mugglecast’ for a free 30-day trial) and Robinhood (visit MuggleCast.Robinhood.com for a free stock!)
Running time: 1:29:54, 53.9 MB
- News: WB CEO speaks out on the Crimes of Grindelwald
- Harry Potter Wizards Unite will be released this summer!
- JKR returns to Twitter… sort of…
- MuggleMail: One listener surprises her daughter in a very cool way on her 9 3/4 birthday
- Chapter-by-Chapter returns with Chapter 18 of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Birthday Surprises
- 7-Word Summary: Ron doesn’t really love Romilda Vane wholeheartedly
- Harry must juggle telling Ron and Hermione about Dumbledore’s task
- Why aren’t more questions about Horcruxes being asked?
- Harry once again masters Potions Class: is it foretelling of what’s to come later in the chapter?
- JKR drops another subtle hint that Snape is the Half-Blood Prince
- Do we feel bad that Hermione is working her butt off while Harry is essentially cheating his way through Potions?
- Harry and his mother: A deep discussion about Lily, Snape, Potions and Slughorn
- Would the Internet have helped Hermione’s Horcrux search?
- The hosts debate which mode of transport is better: flying or Apparition
- Maraudering Malfoy: Is Harry borderline stalking Draco at this point?
- How do all of these tainted/poisoned items continue to get into Hogwarts?
- Patreon Question of the Week: Should anyone in Lavender’s situation forgive Ron due to the love potion? Is it an excuse? Or does it destroy a relationship?
- Connecting The Threads, MVP of the Week and Rename The Chapter
- Quizzitch: Who is the “big Hufflepuff” player that gets the Quaffle from Ginny during Quizzitch?
- In Bonus MuggleCast, the gang work together to play BuzzFeed’s viral “How many Harry Potter characters can you name?” quiz. We won’t spoil how well we did, but we were pretty pleased with our results.
- This week’s episode is brought to you by CHEGG (visit Chegg.com/mugglecast and use promo code MuggleCast for $5 off) and OpenFit (Text MuggleCast to 30-30-30 for a free 30-day trial)!
Running time: 1:12:35, 43.6 MB
- Slug Club member Jac joins the show all the way from Australia!
- Fantastic Beasts 3 release date is seemingly delayed! When can we expect it in theaters?
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is set to open this June!
- We dive deep in the Crimes of Grindelwald deleted scenes & featurettes
- Credence and Nagini: why was their budding romance left on the cutting room floor?
- There was a completely different opening to this film and we discuss why it would have worked!
- Dumbledore reveals the truth behind why he sent Newt to New York!
- Who is the man Grindelwald fears above all others? Is it truly Dumbledore?
- The Romance That Will Never Be: Dumbledore & McGonagall
- Hello, Yaxley!
- Leta’s mysterious ballroom dance: Can she hear other people’s thoughts just like Queenie? What does “her brother will lead us from the shadows…” mean?
- Newt’s Basement gives us more Augurey screen time and another look at those Baby Nifflers
- We geek out with Ezra & Evanna as they watch select scenes from Crimes of Grindelwald
- It’s clear Dumbledore knows something about Credence, but Ezra can’t divulge!
- J.K. Rowling: A World Revealed includes her feelings on the differences between the first two films, Heyman’s analysis of Grindelwald vs. Voldemort and a great Yates’ hero quote!
- JKR makes it clear that the line between good and bad is not as defined in this series: “Good guys cross over, bad guys are redeemed!”
- What?!? “Make no assumptions. Whatever you think you know at the end of the movie may not be the case when you get to the end of the third movie.”
- Quizzitch: What prop did the art department make 100 copies of to place in the French Ministry of Magic?
- This week’s episode is brought to you by the new podcast One Plus One! The show tells the story of some of the world’s most legendary creative unions like Beyonce & Jay-Z, Google’s Sergey Brin and Larry Page, and Lorne Michaels and the first cast of Saturday Night Live.
- Bonus MuggleCast, available on Patreon.com/MuggleCast: Distinctly Dumbledore – we discuss some notable revelations, including that Jude Law now knows everything Rowling does about Dumbledore and that there was, in fact, a sexual component to the Dumbledore-Grindelwald relationship.
Running time: 1:17:16, 46.4 MB