- It’s MuggleCast May, and Jamie has returned!
- We catch up on all the latest Potter news stories.
- Eric visited the Harry Potter Exhibition and he provides a review.
- Deathly Hallows is filming on location and Jamie wonders if it’s arrogant.
- Premiere dates are set, why are they three days in a row?
- New segment: Twitter Question Mailbag!
- We take your questions about all Potter subjects as submitted through Twitter and answer ’em.
- Topics like why’d Jo kill Fred instead of George, what’s with Harry’s potion skills, and many more.
- Another new segment: AudioFic!
- … where MuggleNet FanFiction provides you with a reading of their best Fan Fiction.
- Jamie’s British Joke of the Day is back with three jokes!
- Chicken Soup for the MuggleCast Soul.
Running time: 1:25:55, 39.4 MB
- MuggleCast reviews Beedle the Bard!
- But first, the latest news.
- We start the discussion off with our general thoughts.
- What was our favorite tale?
- Would Laura Mallory approve of the tales?
- Our thought’s on Dumbledore’s commentary.
- We go Tale by Tale through the book, pointing out the most interesting tidbits.
- Interesting parallels between Beedle tales and the Potter books.
- We discuss the timing of when Dumbledore wrote these notes and their significance.
- New MuggleCast interaction: we read questions sent in via Twitter!
Running time: 1:23:45, 38.4 MB
- MuggleCast is LIVE in London for Waterstone’s Beedle the Bard release party!
- What are our general expecations for the book?
- Will Dumbledore’s notes be our favorite part?
- Which story are we looking forward to the most?
- Beedle the Bard trivia, with prizes sponsored by Alivans.com!
- Audience questions ranging from the books, to the films, and more.
Running time: 44:50, 20.6 MB
- The news of Half-Blood Prince being delayed puts us in a frenzy.
- What was the real reason behind this?
- How will the fans take this in the long run?
- Were there signs of a mistake from the beginning, dating back to 2006?
- A few listener e-mails come in about the push back.
- On top of all this, it’s our final weekly episode!
- We play some old segments that haven’t been seen in a while.
- Make the Connection, British Joke, Favorites, Dueling Club, and more.
- Our final thoughts on the show and where it will be going.
- Now that we have more time to produce each episode, the best is yet to come!
Running time: 1:23:13, 38.1 MB
- APRIL FOOLS.
- Andrew questions the motives for mocking him when he’s away.
- We discuss JK Rowling’s answers at the James Joyce Awards.
- Could Intercollegiate Quidditch be the next big thing in the fandom?
- It’s a new month (mApril), so vote for us on Podcast Alley!
- Create Your Own MuggleCast Segment Contest returns!
- Micah updates you on the transcript situation and asks for new transcribers.
- We experiment with Amazon’s unSpun to get visitors involved with discussions.
- Andrew talks about his visit to the Twilight set.
- Chapter by Chapter covers Chapters 24 and 25 of Deathly Hallows.
- Dobby is dead, and we mourn.
- We discuss Griphook’s very intriguing view of Harry.
- Remus asks Harry to be Ted’s godfather. We talk about the change of heart since their last meeting.
- John Hurt MUST come back for Deathly Hallows reprise his role as Ollivander, we decide.
- We call an audible with Make the Music Connection.
Running time: 1:25:16, 39.1 MB
- Andrew is absent, so the mockery kicks in immediately.
- Micah returns to anchoring the news.
- A new month is upon us (MuggleCast mApril) vote for us on Podcast Alley!
- We announce a brand new version of MuggleCast, starting next week.
- 1/4th Potter, 1/4th Twilight, 1/4th Narnia, and 1/4th Lord of the Rings.
- The co-hosts discuss the reasons why it’s happening, and what it means for the future.
- MuggleMail address last week’s hot topics.
- Chapter by Chapter covers Chapter 23 of Deathly Hallows.
- The Sorting Hat, a new segment, is given a shot.
- Jamie makes up for his time away with Make the Connection.
- The hosts give one final sign off as “the old” MuggleCast show format.
- Lots of bloopers.
Running time: 1:28:31, 40.6 MB
- It’s a special Thursday night LIVE episode!
- Ben and Kevin return to host the show!
- We discuss all of the developments surrounding the Deathly Hallows split.
- Was it done to make more money?
- Is the 6 month wait between part one and two THAT bad?
- Where should the split be made?
- How do you make them one but two separate and distinct stories?
- Do you break it with a moment of suspense or one of resolution?
- Will there be a trailer at the end of part one for part two?
- We give Jamie a quick call and Ben messes with his head.
- Oscar possibilities?
- We take YOUR calls about the split!
- And remember, because of you we have helped Mason raise over $1,000 towards cancer research. Please continue helping out and donate. The minimum donation is just $5.
Running time: 2:22:05, 65.1 MB
- JKR Documentary discussion.
- Jo talks about her family and religious views.
- What was the character name she took from the book in the church?
- Universal adds a new poll to their website and we discuss the pros and cons of where we would like to have a drink.
- Andrew, Matt and Laura review Sweeney Todd.
- Our thoughts on the recent Helen McCrory interview.
- We respond to some Muggle Mail from our Holiday and New Year’s shows.
- Chapter-by-Chapter: A Place to Hide.
- Is Hermione the genie in the Potter world?
- Tottenham Court Road and Grimmauld Place.
- Make the Connection returns.
- Chicken Soup.
- Andrew attempts the fastest show close ever.
Running time: 1:27:55, 40.4 MB
- Further discussion about HBP casting and TIME’s “Person of the Year”.
- Andrew places a call to WB about his defective DVD.
- Top 10 Moments of 2007.
- Favorite Memories of 2007.
- Chapters 7 & 8 of Deathly Hallows.
- Should Harry really be opening his mind to Voldemort?
- Is Voldemort that stupid to be letting Harry see his actions?
- Harry’s birthday and a visit from the Minister.
- What good would it do the Ministry to know of Harry’s plans?
- The mark of Grindelwald: another Nazi-WWII reference?
- Character analysis: Xenophilius Lovegood, Aunt Muriel, Elphias Doge.
- Why did Dumbledore never tell Harry he lived in Godric’s Hollow?
- “The Ministry has fallen” becomes our first holy *%&$ moment of the series.
- Scrimgeour gets his swan song.
- Countdown to 2008.
Running time: 1:40:40, 46.2 MB
- It’s another holiday season!
- Jamie is back and recounts his problems with Christmas.
- We discuss the latest news, including casting, TIME, and the Jo documentary.
- Jamie and Laura add their input to the show ending announcement.
- MuggleMail address DVD issues and Chapter by Chapter.
- This week, Chapter by Chapter covers Chapters 5 and 6 of Deathly Hallows.
- Was Harry right to use Expelliarmus against the Death Eaters?
- Did Lupin have a right to discipline him?
- Was Mrs. Weasley’s motherly protection justified?
- Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione tension.
- Measures taken for the Horcrux hunt.
- British Joke of the Day returns!
- The hosts read a Holiday poem sent in by a listener.
Running time: 1:24:06, 29 MB