- Check out Hypable.com – a MuggleNet for the rest of the fandoms in the world, created by MuggleNet staff!
- Jamie and Laura are back for this episode!
- A trailer for ‘Deathly Hallows – Part 2’ will be released this Wednesday.
- We review features of the ‘Part 1’ DVD and Blu-ray
- Jamie educates us on the concept of TV licenses and reveals he lives in the stone age.
- J.K. Rowling gained Steve Kloves’ trust after hearing one word.
- New news from Jo is so slow these days we come up with a plan to start recycling.
- Many listeners wrote in about last week’s discussion concerning a female lead character.
- Our final Chapter by Chapter installment for Goblet of Fire!
- What power to Fawkes put over Harry?
- Dumbledore and the infamous gleam of triumph.
- Does Fudge genuinely believe Voldemort is not back?
- Through all this, classes are STILL going on?
- Outside of magic, how smart are Hogwarts students?
- It’s clear the Ministry is beginning to look very corrupt.
- Make the Connection: Family Guy, Pokemon, and homeless people watching popular television.
- We are split on whether or not cutting Pettigrew’s death from Part 1 was a good idea.
- Twitter Question: What did YOU think of the ‘Part 1’ DVD/Blu-ray?
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 13.8 MB)
Running time: 1:16:33, 36.8 MB
- We’re live to discuss the year that was in Potter.
- News covers video games, movie revenues, DVD release dates, casting and Oscars.
- We play some of our favorite MuggleCast moments from 2010.
- The fans hand out MuggleCasties to…
- The Most Interesting Potter Star on Twitter and The Most Shocking News Story.
- The Best Returning DH Part 1 Actor and Actress.
- The Best New Potter Actor and Actress.
- And The Best DH PT 1 Scene.
- You might be surprised who wins this year’s J.K. Rowling Award…or not.
- We review the top 7 stories of the year and let you pick the top four.
- We discuss what to look forward to in 2011.
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 15.3 MB)
Running time: 1:24:54, 40.8 MB
- How to tell apart two English accents.
- WB cancels Deathly Hallows, Part 1 in 3D, plus other surprising film news.
- Listeners tell us whether they are happy or disappointed with this decision.
- Our thoughts on Jo’s appearance on Oprah.
- A brief review of Harry Potter Film Wizardry.
- Chapter by Chapter: Goblet of Fire Chapters 13 – 15.
- A big theme in these chapters is the questionable teaching styles of Sprout, Hagrid, and Moody.
- Is it right to teach children about the Unforgiveable Curses at this age?
- Is it right to perform said curses on these children?!
- MuggleMail covers last episode’s hot topics.
- Dueling Club: Dumbledore VS Merlin, Ravenclaw VS Slytherin.
- Lots of updates going on around MuggleNet to go over!
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 14.5 MB)
Running time: 1:20:29, 38.7 MB
- We discuss the newest reviews of Deathly Hallows, Part 1.
- The trailer for Deathly Hallows, Part 1 is complete, but when will WE see it?
- This week’s Chapter by Chapter segment focuses on Chapters 4 – 6 of Goblet of Fire.
- The Dursleys can never have a peaceful encounter with wizards.
- How typical of Harry to have a crush on his best friend’s sister.
- Lots of hints about the future for the Weasleys in this chapter.
- Why can’t Mrs. Weasley embrace her son’s interest in starting a joke shop instead of fighting it?
- Jo shows here you don’t have to be academic to be successful. And to follow your passion!
- … but there are some limits.
- Some support for Mrs. Weasley and why she may be right to worry about The Twins’ future.
- A bit of talk about the business side of running a joke shop.
- In Chapter six we learn about more than just one mode of wizard transportation.
- What’s our favorite mode of magical transportation?
- We bring the use of Portkeys to a whole new level.
- The awkwardness Amos creates.
- The first mention of the Lovegoods! But we won’t see them just yet…
- Matt predicted the Deathly Hallows split spot on Episode 140.. we replay the clip!
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 12.5 MB)
Running time: 1:09:01, 33.2 MB
- Finally, some Deathly Hallows information straight from the stars!
- Jamie hopes the Lucius wig is made from unicorn hair.
- JK Rowling updates Twitter to let people know why she isn’t tweeting.
- Ben smells scandal all over the JK Rowling/Stephenie Meyer Oscar invite and subsequent turn down.
- MuggleMail addresses last episode’s hot topics.
- Chapter by Chapter this week covers Chapters 7 – 9 of Prisoner of Azkaban.
- We talk boggarts, Snape’s anger, house points, Crookshanks VS Scabbers, Harry’s protection, and much more.
- What would each of our boggarts be?
- Did Trelawney actually make an accurate prediction?
- Is Percy more like Slughorn or Umbridge?
- Make the Music Connection returns – each host connects a Top 40 song to Harry Potter.
- MuggleCast has surpassed 10,000 followers on Twitter!
- Andrew’s friend Mason has a Relay for Life team to benefit the American Cancer Society – please donate if you can < a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=5023159&pg=personal&fr_id=21667">at this link.
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 16 MB)
Running time: 1:28:50, 42.7 MB
- It’s an all-guy show, and Andrew predicts extra madness.
- Micah updates us on the fandom’s Helping Haiti Heal fundraising and the latest Potter news.
- Coming soon: Deathly Hallows – an epic opera road movie.
- Lots of updates on the theme park, as Ben reveals he’s not *that* excited.
- Our thoughts on Deathly Hallows being a 3D film.
- MuggleMail addresses recent hot topics and other Potter canon.
- Chapter by Chapter returns with the start of our Prisoner of Azkaban analysis!
- We discuss the Dursley’s ongoing stubbornness, Aunt Marge’s rudeness, and MUCH more.
- An e-mail arrives from a listener who doesn’t think the Harry Potter series is as great as we make it out to be.
- We can FINALLY say we’ll be doing a podcast at Infinitus!
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 14.7 MB)
Running time: 1:21:09, 48.8 MB
- This audio file includes several special episodes of the Harry Potter fandom’s favorite podcasts. MuggleCast kicks off this special four-hour event to help raise money for Haiti recovery efforts.
- The Harry Potter Alliance has united with fan communities across the world, raising over $97,000 for Helping Haiti Heal! That money will charter an multiple cargo planes that will bring critical life-saving supplies to thousands of Haitians and more.
Running time: 4:17:53, 59.1 MB
- News: Potter auction, theme park update, Half-Blood Prince nomination and more.
- What has been up with MuggleNet over the last few weeks?
- MuggleMail covers Dumbledore and the Invisibility Cloak, magical pull, the Ultimate Editions in Australia and more.
- We discuss the final three chapters of Chambers of Secrets.
- Why didn’t Harry and Ron pay more attention to Ginny?
- Did Harry and Ron use Professor McGonagall’s emotions to their advantage?
- Why was Ginny being taken into the Chamber treated so lightly? From the owl home to asking Lockhart to save her?
- We get our first real look at a Horcrux: Tom Riddle’s diary
- Would any wand work against the creature whose feather or hair is in its core?
- Why are Dumbledore and McGonagall just waiting idly around? Shouldn’t they have tried to help?
- In one of Dumbledore’s quotes, we get a glimpse of Harry being a Horcrux.
- Most Interesting New Character, Most Meaningful Moment and Best Quotes from Chamber of Secrets.
- We take your tweets and e-mails on the final chapters of the second book.
- British Joke of the Day returns.
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 16.1 MB)
Running time: 1:29:00, 42.8 MB
- HBP continues to make money at the box office while DH filming surges on.
- Potter Exhibition is heading to Boston, but where will it go next?
- Jamie Waylett isn’t returning for DH and Joshua Herdman reveals where the split will be.
- What happened with HBP IMAX 3D? Andrew explains how it was a rip off.
- Happy Birthday, Micah!
- Micah and Andrew discuss the HBP video game.
- MuggleCast turns 4; the listeners and hosts celebrate!
- This Week in MuggleCast History, Make the Music Connection, Jamie’s British Joke of the Week, and Chicken Soup!
Running time: 1:19:13, 38.1 MB
- We’re kickin’ it old school this episode with a traditional hosting panel.
- We cover Deathly Hallows casting and Presidential set visits.
- So much Half-Blood Prince news we don’t even know where to begin.
- Will IMAX regret its contractual obligations?
- Should the MPAA take notice of the BBFC’s 12A rating?
- Does anyone care about the run-time with a two-part series finale?
- MuggleMail on e-books and movie splits.
- We introduce two brand-new segments you do not want to miss!
- AudioFiction and Chicken Soup return.
- Plus, Azkatraz is less than one month away!
Running time: 1:05:54, 30.2 MB