- Slug Club member Alex joins the show
- Cursed Child surprises fans with preview tickets – can we expect more of this in the future?
- Andrew shares a letter from his 11-year-old self
- The 777 Challenge is officially underway through March 31!
- Main Discussion: Were Harry, Snape & Voldemort modern-day versions of The Three Brothers?
- Did Dumbledore represent Death? JKR likes this theory!
- We break down Voldemort as Antioch (the one who died for power), Snape as Cadmus (the one who died for love) and Harry as Ignotus (the one who greeted Death as an old friend)
- Does Dumbledore actually fit better as the second brother? Or could he be representative of all three brothers at different stages of his life? We discuss.
- Did we ever consider these possibilities after reading Deathly Hallows?
- Patrons share their thoughts
- Owl Post covers potion regulations, boggarts and video games
- Quizzitch: What is the name of the goblin (besides Griphook) that Harry encounters with the Potterwatch crew?
- Bonus MuggleCast: Crookshanks and The Potters
Running time: 1:09:40, 41.8 MB
7 is a magical number in the Harry Potter series, and for a while we’ve been juuust under 777 on our Patreon. This platform has kept the show rocking and rolling over the past couple of years, so we want to hit and surpass 777 Patrons!
To encourage more sign ups, we’re launching the 777 Challenge. If we surpass 777 Patrons by March 31, and hold that number through at least May 2018, here’s what we’ll do over the summer:
- 2-hour live episode filled with call-ins as they come in
- The Holiday movie commentary
- We’ll hold a poll to figure out what our next Harry Potter movie commentary will be — Whichever the winner is, we’ll do it
- Later in the year, all Patrons who pledge $5 or more will receive a new MuggleCast mug for no extra charge. This is for the first 800 $5+ Patrons only (including those who are already pledged). Check out the design below! And yes, you’ll get to select which Hogwarts House color you’ll receive!
Can’t wait til summer or later for benefits? In April, should we hit 777 supporters by March 31, we will host a live video stream on Patreon after the three of us see The Cursed Child on Broadway.
It’s because of listeners like you that MuggleCast is a weekly podcast again. Help us continue to grow by pledging on Patreon today. There’s never been a better time!
- Slug Club member Greg joins the show all the way from Singapore
- A new Hogwarts Mystery trailer has been released
- Cursed Child announces their Friday Forty program
- We reveal our plans for the 777 Challenge! Learn more and see the mug design at right here
- Main Discussion: Potions in the Wizarding World
- We react to JKR stating that muggles can’t properly brew potions
- From Ageing Potions to the Elixir of Life to Mandrake Draught we run down the list of different types of potions
- Would the hosts be good at making them? Are we patient enough? Careful with instructions?
- Which potion does each host wish they could have in real life?
- Is there a time we wish we could have used Veritaserum? Felix Felicis?
- Over/under: How many times will Polyjuice Potion be used in Fantastic Beasts?
- The hosts create their own potions (assuming we’re wizards of course)
- Patreon Question of the Week: If you could take Polyjuice Potion for an hour, who would you turn into and why?
- Voicemails cover Cedric Diggory, Mrs. Black, and feedback on our Fudge episode
- Quizzitch: Name the members of The Advance Guard that come to Privet Drive to pick up Harry in Order of the Phoenix
- Bonus MuggleCast: We explore the theory that the Dursleys’ feelings towards Harry were magnified by the presence of a horcrux!
- This week’s episode is sponsored by NBC’s Rise, Blue Apron, and ZipRecruiter!
Running time: 1:17:12, 46.3 MB
- We will be at LeakyCon 2018 this summer in Dallas, TX!
- The Studio Tour is adding a Goblet of Fire special beginning March 30
- Cursed Child producer believes fans would want a Part 3… what?!?
- We interview The Potter Collector (Instagram)who enlightens us on his more than 1,000 books!
- How did he first get into the Potter series?
- Does he have a favorite translated edition?
- What’s his most prized possession? Is there anything he still needs to get his hands on?
- Does he collect Fantastic Beasts? Cursed Child? Or anything movie related?
- What kind of precautions does he take to protect his collection?
- Is he aware of other Potter collectors? How does his collection stack up?
- Fans should be on the lookout for #HarryPotterCollector Day on March 5
- Voicemails ask about post-Potter film roles, a little Scabbers foreshadowing, and bad Harry Potter TV show ideas.
- Chicken Soup from Mexico City
- Quizzitch: What is the core of Fleur Delacour’s wand, and the story surrounding it?
Running time: 1:06:22, 39.8 MB
- Eric is back!
- News covers John Williams, Cursed Child, Digital Illustrated Editions and Allison Sudol
- A new segment called The Pensieve debuts, as we look back at parts of the Potter series now that we’re older!
- Our first discussion centers around Cornelius Fudge and his denial of Voldemort’s return
- Fudge refuses to believe credible sources such as Dumbledore and Harry
- Comparisons are made to present-day politics
- For more discussion on Potter Politics, be sure to check out Episode 162
- Main Discussion: How many editions of the Potter series is too many?
- The hosts share how many versions of each book they currently own
- Patrons weigh in with their thoughts, including one listener who has more than 200 copies!
- Owl Post covers Ebbingdales, Jacob in Paris and a new Quidditch film series
- We have a big Patreon announcement and share plans for 2018
- Quizzitch: What famous Quidditch player died after encountering a Chimera, and has a wing in St. Mungo’s Hospital named after him? Bonus: What’s the specialty of the wing?
- We’ll see you in two weeks!
Running time: 1:20:01, 48 MB
- Eric…? Eric…?
- Slug Club member Ken joins the show
- Guessing Game: How many books has the Harry Potter series sold to date? How many do we think are duplicate copies?
- Eric…? Eric…?
- We respond to David Yates’ recent comments about how Dumbledore’s sexuality will play into Fantastic Beasts 2
- Saying that “all fans are aware of that” has not sat well with…well…the fans
- JKR and the Wizarding World preach inclusion and acceptance but have shied away from embracing LGBTQ characters
- That said, Dumbledore still needs to be introduced in the Fantastic Beasts series and fans need to learn about his history with Grindelwald’s
- We haven’t seen Jude Law’s portrayal of Dumbledore and we know he spent time learning about the character from Rowling
- Rowling is the screenwriter, she’s the one who knows the backstory and she has four films to tell it
- Eric…? Eric…?
- In honor of Groundhog’s Day we each create a weather-predicting fantastic beast
- Southern Hagrid makes an appearance
- Owl Post covers last weekend’s Celebration of Harry Potter
- Voicemails return!
- Quizzitch: In Chapter 10 of Half-Blood Prince, “The House of Gaunt,” Hermione is seen working on an essay entitled what?
- Check out upcoming dates on the Harry Potter In Concert tour
- Eric…? Eric…?
Running time: 1:03:15, 45.3 MB
- Micah and Andrew attend A Celebration of Harry Potter in Orlando
- We try Butterbeer tequila at Antojitos in Universal CityWalk
- Cast Q&A with Natalia Tena (Tonks), Stanislav Ianevski (Krum), James & Oliver Phelps (Weasley twins) and Bonnie Wright (Ginny)
- Pottermore announces a new Quidditch Through The Ages audiobook
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition is headed to Milan in May
- Guests were treated to a great performance from the first four films by the Orlando Philharmonic
- The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle debut at the Wizarding World
- Micah tries hot Butterbeer… and Dragon Scale ale… and Hog’s Head Brew
- On Saturday we hit the expo floor to check out all of the vendors
- The original Goblet of Fire and the Hogwarts letter spitter were among the special effects on display from the Studio Tour in London
- We caught up with MinaLima, the graphic designers of the Harry Potter films, demoed the new Hogwarts Mystery mobile game and got a virtual reality tour of Newt’s suitcase
- Scholastic gave us a glimpse at some concept art for the 20th anniversary editions as well as let us step inside a life-size version of Sorcerer’s Stone
- Just what in the world is Globus Mundi? Andrew hopes to be a trendsetter this November!
- We touch on how we think the celebration can be improved in future years, including more Fantastic Beasts integration
- Be sure to check out our newest sponsor Bright Cellars for an amazing offer
Running time: 1:15:34, 45.3 MB