On our September 03, 2005 edition of MuggleCast…
While the debt Pettigrew owes to Harry is something to remember, will only one classroom scene in Goblet of Fire be an Unforgivable act? And, is your vote for the U.S. or U.K.? Which one deserves the world premiere? * Phone rings * The crew also tells the tale of how they got hooked on the boy wizard. Plus, is there a prized possession right under our noses — one of the Dark Lord’s Horcruxes hiding at Hogwarts? * Phone rings *
From contest prize announcements to proper name pronouncements… all that and more ahead with Andrew, Ben, Eric, Jamie, and Kevin on this week’s edition of MuggleCast.
- We announce the prizes that can be won in our contest
- Andrew promotes the “Free iPod Book” found on our new downloading blog
- Thanks to “King of All Losers” for this great illustration of Andrew yelling at a child in Mr. Nelson’s class
- Eric raves about Ralph Fiennes’ role in The Constant Gardener
- The MuggleCasters look into scene priorities for GOF
- Jamie’s British Joke of the Day (“bee-side”!)
- Another exciting edition of Spy on Spartz
- Reasons for the world premiere in the UK?
- A special guest appearance by Jamie’s phone
- Does Voldemort know when one of his Horcruxes are destroyed?
- Is Tom Riddle’s trophy a possible Horcrux?
- Andrew apologizes for his terrible pronunciation of “Christine”
- Peter Pettigrew’s debt to Harry- playing a role in HP7?
- One listener asks how we got into reading the Potter series
- Trust the Brit, trust the Brit
Download Now Running time: 37:16, 17.10 MB
MuggleCast EP4 Transcript
On our August 28, 2005 edition of MuggleCast…
While there is debate on whether Ralph Fiennes will make a convincing Lord Voldemort, there is no doubt that the special effects in Goblet of Fire are up to par. Just check out the film’s recently released official trailer. And why did Snape’s Killing Curse send Dumbledore sailing through the sky? It’s because he had Air Jordans on, of course. Plus, we’ve got Horcruxed hats, Inheritance interviews, a crazy contest, and a brand-new news segment. Even Yoda stops by. This was one wild show.
From a Brit attempting an American accent to an American attempting a British accent…all that and more ahead with Andrew, Eric, Ben, Eric, Jamie, and Eric on this edition of MuggleCast.
- We announce our Voldemort 101 contest
- Is Ralph Fiennes a good choice for GOF?
- How will all the visual effects effect the film?
- Jamie tries on an American accent
- Yoda makes a surprise appearance on the show and asks, “RAB is who? Clever you are!”
- Does Snape perform an authentic Killing Curse in HBP?
- Possible Horcrux: the Sorting Hat?
- Snape must’ve put quite a mighty spell on Dumbledore…what happened?
- Andrew talks with Mike from Shurtugal.com about the new Eldest book
- Ben puts in yet another shameful promotion for Galadriel Water’s HP Super Sleuth books
On our August 26, 2005 edition of MuggleCast…
We clear up the mis-happenings that occurred in iTunes and reveal MuggleNet and TLC’s biggest
secret: we don’t hate each other! Listen as the two podcasts unite for a tell-all show.
- We confess: MN and TLC don’t hate each other!
- iTunes had removed us because of possible copyright infringement, but in the end we had none
- Ben informs the world of what Emerson is doing at the moment
- Kevin reminds everyone that we do know Emerson– it was a joke in EP3
- Melissa says she’s closing Leaky after movie seven! But wait…she’s kidding!
- Andrew calls Steve Jobs out to fix the iTunes glitches
- …and he also plugs EmersonSpartz.net
- We talk GOF premiere information. Andrew thinks he has the scoop!
- Ben announces his NYC premiere plans
- Melissa denies her involvement in the Mafia, but Jamie Waylett insists on it
- Kevin keeps an eye on the Notre Dame grounds to watch for Emerson
MuggleCast EP3 Transcript
On our August 21, 2005 edition of MuggleCast…
While Dumbledore got a black hand in The Half-Blood Prince, will Goblet of Fire get a black eye at the box office? New clips were revealed this week of the fourth Harry Potter film, as well as its official PG-13 rating. As the time frame for the release of the final book gets debated, just how long will HP 7 be? One fan suggested it will rival War and Peace. And just who will help Harry with his heroic Horcrux hunt? Plus, did somebody forget to clean up underneath Fawkes’ perch? Why did everybody’s favorite phoenix fail to come to Dumbledore’s aid?
From the Ministry of Magic to the Order of the Phoenix…all that and more ahead with Andrew, Ben, Eric, and Jamie on this edition of MuggleCast.
- Special co-hosts: Eric Scull and Jamie Lawrence
- Our take on the international teaser trailer
- How will WB handle filming of future movies?
- What about an extended version on DVD for diehard fans?
- Eric’s dentist goes through a chapter of the books each night with his child
- Where was Fawkes when Dumbledore was in danger?
- We consider the options for a HP 7 release date of 7-7-07
- And how about length?
- Andrew’s closing MuggleNet the moment HP7 is released, but Eric will keep his Caption Contest open forever
- Who will help Harry search for Horcruxes?
- Was Dumbledore’s hand burnt because of his weakness?
- Is the Order in danger of being found out?
- An interesting theory on where Ollivander went
- Ministry of Magic’s role in HP7
- No cheating on iTunes!
- Thanks to Andrew and Kenneth for their great rendition of Hedwig’s theme!
MuggleCast EP2 Transcript
On our August 14, 2005 edition of MuggleCast…
The Goblet of Fire and American Pie… two movies with something in common? As the fourth HP film receives a verdict on its official rating, the jury is still out on Draco Malfoy. From Ontario to Missouri, the people want to know… just who will the newest Death Eater side with? And as the clock counts down to a South Pacific world premiere, just whose time will be up by the end of Book 7? Two years… too long to conceal our thoughts. Plus, while our favorite wandmaker has gone missing, something huge was discovered about Lily Potter.
From Dark Marks to Dark Secrets… all that and more ahead with Andrew, Kevin, and a special co-host on this edition of MuggleCast.
- Special co-host: Aris Janetakos
- Special guest announcer: Ben Schoen (after feeling bad he missed out on taping the actual podcast)
- Bear with poor Kevin…he’s got a wisdom tooth coming in
- Main Topic: GOF is rated PG-13
- Andrew says this one will appeal to more teens, less parent/child groups
- Deaths = given PG-13
- We think movies 5, 6, and 7 will also receive this prestigious award
- Whose side is Draco on?
- Aris and Kevin think Draco’s going to end up helping Harry
- What did the Pensieve mean?
- Unbreakable Vows… what are the rules?
- Snape loves Lily
- Poor Ollivander…where could he have gone? (Andrew’s expecting a letter from him soon)