On this week’s episode, we pay tribute to Robbie Coltrane, whose iconic role as Rubeus Hagrid made him beloved to costars and fans alike. Chapter-by-Chapter continues as we take flight with Harry in his first Quidditch match and explore the halls of Hogwarts beneath the Invisibility Cloak.
- We remember Robbie Coltrane, the beloved actor who played Hagrid in the Harry Potter series
- Main Discussion #1: Sorcerer’s Stone, Chapter 11: Quidditch
- 7-Word Summary: Gryffindor surprises Hogwarts with winning very tastily
- Why does Snape choose to confide in Filch after being attacked by Fluffy? Why does he not go to Madam Pomfrey? Or heal himself?
- What is going through Snape’s mind when Harry sees him in this vulnerable situation?
- Does Professor Quirrell’s attack on Harry during the Quidditch match do Quirrell more harm (for him) than good?
- Security Nightmare: Why are there not more protections in place during Quidditch matches?
- Main Discussion #2: Sorcerer’s Stone, Chapter 12: The Mirror of Erised
- 7-Word Summary: Dumbledore gives Harry some advice about life
- The hosts rank Harry’s Christmas gifts from best to worst, using math
- How does this new information on The Mirror of Erised influence our thoughts on the magical device?
- We discuss Harry’s (reckless) tendency of using gifts from anonymous sources
- Laura connects the threads between several Mirror of Erised and Resurrection Stone passages
- Why is Nicolas Flamel not more well-known?
- Who did the hosts select as their Most Valuable Character/Chapter of the Week?
- Next week: Chapter-By-Chapter continues for Sorcerer’s Stone with Chapters 13 and 14!
- Quizzitch: In Sorcerer’s Stone, how old is Nicolas Flamel at the time of Harry’s first year at Hogwarts?
- This week’s episode is brought to you by: the Audible Original The Sandman: Act III, MeUndies (Go to MeUndies.com/MuggleCast for 20% off your first order and free shipping) and Indeed