On this week’s episode we dig deep into our MuggleMail bag as listeners weigh in on our latest chapter-by-chapter discussions. One voicemail leads the hosts to take sides in a Harry Potter date debate! Plus, we have fun paging through the beautifully illustrated Order of the Phoenix
by Jim Kay.
- We review the Order of the Phoenix Illustrated Edition. There’s SO much to love in this one!
- Speaking of books, don’t forget to check out The Magic of MinaLima, which is an exhaustive look at MinaLima’s work for the Harry Potter movies.
- Voicemails cover magic’s origin, a Harry Potter first date, a Draco-focused Harry Potter TV show and more
- Several listeners write in about Christmas gifts and Quidditch rules
- Why doesn’t Hermione use her own wand to stop the troll?
- Why did Hagrid really go to get Harry from the Dursleys?
- Should Ron be allowed to have a rat at Hogwarts?
- Is it the job of the Sorting Hat to equally divide the first year students?
- One listener presents a strong defense of Petunia Dursley
- Is the Hogwarts Express super inconvenient for students who already live close to Hogwarts?
- Troll in the Dungeon: is Dumbledore sending the Slytherins to their doom?
- Quizzitch: When McGonagall gives detentions to the trio and Neville in Book 1, she says she’s “never heard of such a thing before.” What is the “thing” to which she is referring?
- Next week: Chapter-by-Chapter returns with Chapters 15 (The Forbidden Forest) & 16 (Through The Trapdoor) of Sorcerer’s Stone
- This week’s episode is brought to you by MasterClass ( get 15% off an annual membership at MasterClass.com/MuggleCast).