- Matt and Mikey fight to intro last. Mikey wins.
- MuggleCast News guest anchor Edith gives us the news.
- Jim Dale will be joining us on MuggleCast next week!
- We’re looking for your questions to ask Jim. Call ’em in!
- Chapter by Chapter covers Chapters 20 and 21 of Deathly Hallows.
- Discussion topics include the Deathly Hallows, Xenophilius Lovegood, and more.
- Voicemails return and we have lots of fun questions and answers!
- Make the Music Connection challenges our musical creativity.
- Chicken Soup for the MuggleCast Soul: Baby Edition!
Running time: 1:29:51, 41.2 MB
- A slip-up on last week’s show gets a lot of feedback. We respond.
- The Top 5 contestants for Micah’s News Contest!
- It’s a new month so vote for us on Podcast Alley!
- Help Mason raise money for the American Cancer Society.
- Listener Rebuttals take a look at cashing in, The Last Enemy, and Make the Music Connection.
- Chapter by Chapter covers Chapters 18 and 19.
- We have an in-depth discussion on Dumbledore and Grindelwald’s relationship.
- Why is the sword at the bottom of the pond?
- Matt gets angry at Snape’s sword placement.
- Laura justifies Hermione’s anger at Ron when he returns.
- Make the Music Connection returns!
- A new segment: Hold Up, Hosts!
- Chicken Soup.
Running time: 1:18:04, 35.8 MB
- Six people host this week’s episode!
- … including one new host, Elysa Montfort of MuggleNet Fan Fiction!
- We discuss the recent unintentional director leak.
- What we think of a new scene being added to Half-Blood Prince, and when it will happen.
- Andrew, Laura, Matt and Elysa give a review of Spiderwick Chronicles.
- The word “Potter” and “Claritin” comes to mind in several of its scenes.
- The next live online MuggleCast is coming soon.
- Rebuttals address our statement about negative e-mails and Gryffindor’s Sword.
- Chapter by Chapter covers two chapters this week!
- Why doesn’t Harry care much about the statue created in memorial of his family?
- What do the lines the gravestones mean exactly?
- Favorites: HP movie poster/DVD cover.
- Make the Music connection returns, revamped.
- Elysa is great. Laura is fired.
Running time: 1:43:12, 47.2 MB
- This week’s show brought to you by Audible.com!
- Jim Dale picks up Grammy for Deathly Hallows. We celebrate.
- More evidence of Deathly Hallows being split and an imminent announcement.
- Micah is sad at the idea of no Fleur in HBP.
- Spielberg confirmed to not direct DH, and we make a DH Director Checklist.
- Andrew’s Wizard Rock single LIVE on YouTube.
- Our plans for future tours.
- Listener Rebuttals look at last week’s show.
- Chapter 15 of Deathly Hallows: The Goblin’s Revenge.
- Was the walking-through-the-woods plot necessary?
- Why were Ginny, Neville, and Luna stealing the sword?
- The group discusses Rons anger and if it was called for.
- Least Favorites: Least favorite movie.
- Make the Music Connection: Drawling parallels between DH scenes and real music.
- Chicken Soup.
Running time: 1:28:41, 40.6 MB
- Andrew kicks the show off with an intriguing, on-topic story.
- It’s a new month so vote on Podcast Alley!
- Del Toro isn’t directing Deathly Hallows, and we react.
- Betting Men better be betting.
- MuggleMail covers last week’s hot topics.
- We interview Paul DeGeorge from Harry and the Potters.
- Harry Year 7 discusses his second annual charity effort, the Wizard Rock EP of the Month Club.
- The MuggleNet song, created in 2005 by Paul and his brother, makes its worldwide debut.
- Chapter by Chapter: Chapter 13.
- Did the locket have any effect on Umbridge?
- Mad-Eye’s Eye on the toad’s door makes us sad.
- We discuss the Polyjuice Potion scenes in the film series and how this one should be done.
- Make the Connection ideas from listeners like you.
- A Pensieve Possibilities list sent in by MuggleCast Fan Forum listeners.
Running time: 1:47:08, 36.8 MB
- We discuss what we’re most looking forward to about Half-Blood Prince and what we think may be cut.
- Small update on the East Coast Tour.
- Vote on Podcast Alley…or else!
- Muggle Mail on movie intermissions, cliffhangers and Chapter 10.
- Interview with Freddie Highmore.
- Chapter-by-Chapter: Chapters 11 and 12.
- The hosts draw some excellent comparisons in these chapters to Nazi Germany.
- The story begins to take on a very dark tone.
- We analyze the argument between Harry and Remus from both perspectives – sorry Harry, seeing this one from just your point of view doesn’t cut it.
- One listener writes a very good defense of Lupin.
- Kreacher and the saucepan: finally some comedy!
- Jo shows just how good she is in her revelation that Umbridge has the locket.
- What is up with this plan to infiltrate the Ministry? Micah doesn’t buy it.
- Snape named Headmaster of Hogwarts – was he there to actually protect the students?
- Why does Hermione keep nagging Harry to close his mind? It actually helps him!
- Chicken Soup.
Running time: 1:35:57, 33 MB
- Andrew boasts about the new Wizard Rock section.
- Rumors concerning a two-part Deathly Hallows surface.
- Harvard announces JK Rowling to give commencement keynote. We fantasize.
- A possible MuggleCast spring break east coast tour?
- Listener e-mails cover last week’s discussion on the dust figure and more.
- Chapter by Chapter: Kreacher’s Tale.
- We sympathize for Harry seeing Hermione and Ron holding hands.
- How does the fidelius charm actually work?
- How does Bathilda Bagshot visit Lily if Pettigrew is the only secret keeper?
- Favorites: We each talk about our favorite song from the Potter soundtracks.
- Chicken Soup.
- Dog Bloopers!
Running time: 1:16:00, 26.2 MB
- JKR Documentary discussion.
- Jo talks about her family and religious views.
- What was the character name she took from the book in the church?
- Universal adds a new poll to their website and we discuss the pros and cons of where we would like to have a drink.
- Andrew, Matt and Laura review Sweeney Todd.
- Our thoughts on the recent Helen McCrory interview.
- We respond to some Muggle Mail from our Holiday and New Year’s shows.
- Chapter-by-Chapter: A Place to Hide.
- Is Hermione the genie in the Potter world?
- Tottenham Court Road and Grimmauld Place.
- Make the Connection returns.
- Chicken Soup.
- Andrew attempts the fastest show close ever.
Running time: 1:27:55, 40.4 MB
- Further discussion about HBP casting and TIME’s “Person of the Year”.
- Andrew places a call to WB about his defective DVD.
- Top 10 Moments of 2007.
- Favorite Memories of 2007.
- Chapters 7 & 8 of Deathly Hallows.
- Should Harry really be opening his mind to Voldemort?
- Is Voldemort that stupid to be letting Harry see his actions?
- Harry’s birthday and a visit from the Minister.
- What good would it do the Ministry to know of Harry’s plans?
- The mark of Grindelwald: another Nazi-WWII reference?
- Character analysis: Xenophilius Lovegood, Aunt Muriel, Elphias Doge.
- Why did Dumbledore never tell Harry he lived in Godric’s Hollow?
- “The Ministry has fallen” becomes our first holy *%&$ moment of the series.
- Scrimgeour gets his swan song.
- Countdown to 2008.
Running time: 1:40:40, 46.2 MB
- It’s another holiday season!
- Jamie is back and recounts his problems with Christmas.
- We discuss the latest news, including casting, TIME, and the Jo documentary.
- Jamie and Laura add their input to the show ending announcement.
- MuggleMail address DVD issues and Chapter by Chapter.
- This week, Chapter by Chapter covers Chapters 5 and 6 of Deathly Hallows.
- Was Harry right to use Expelliarmus against the Death Eaters?
- Did Lupin have a right to discipline him?
- Was Mrs. Weasley’s motherly protection justified?
- Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione tension.
- Measures taken for the Horcrux hunt.
- British Joke of the Day returns!
- The hosts read a Holiday poem sent in by a listener.
Running time: 1:24:06, 29 MB