- Ben and Laura join Andrew, Micah, and Eric for our 250th episode!
- J.K. Rowling has announced that she’ll be releasing a new book later this year.
- What do we think the genre will be? We look at the clues.
- NewBookCon, NewBook Theme Park, and NewBookCast area already in the works.
- Laura, living in Costa Rica, learns of Jo’s new book via Toucan.
- A book on 16th Century Basket making could be sold by Jo, says Eric.
- Pottermore is shutting down and will be replaced by NewBookMore.
- Bloomsbury will publish illustrated versions of the seven books. Silly? Smart? Could they reveal new information?
- Harry Potter wins no Academy Awards ever. We discuss if it even matters, and why this happened.
- Harry, Voldemort, Dumbledore, and Snape chime in on the issue as well.
- Harry Potter Wizards Collection has been announced. Is it worth the enormous price tag?
- E-mails address Slughorn and Felix Felicis, muggle objects not working at Hogwarts, and more.
- In Chicken Soup, a listener shows us his true commitment to the show!
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 13.3 MB)
Running time: 1:13:39, 33.8 MB
- Deathly Hallows – Part 2 has surpassed the $1 billion mark. How high will it go?
- Pottermore registration opens and we explain the positives and negatives.
- Andrew’s painful initial sign up.
- What our are usernames? Listeners share theirs as well via the MuggleCast Twitter account.
- We talk more about Deathly Hallows – Part 2 and analyze particular scenes.
- Ben and Richard hate 3D and sweating a lot.
- Why are we paying for 3D if we hardly see it at times in Part 2?
- Were average movie-goers, who aren’t big fans, able to comprehend exactly what was going on?
- Have we gotten so used to seeing Dan as Harry that we judge him based on Dan’s Harry or book Harry?
- Molly Weasley’s non-canon face.
- Are Eric and Alan Rickman enrolled in de-aging programs?
- An announcement concerning the frequency of new MuggleCast episodes.
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 14.7 MB)
Running time: 1:21:12, 39 MB
- We’re live in Orlando at LeakyCon 2011!
- Before discussing Deathly Hallows – Part 2 we run through some of the Pottermore news announce at LeakyCon.
- Fans chime in with their thoughts on the website.
- Everything Deathly Hallows – Part 2 is discussed! Favorite scenes, characters, disappointments, and much more.
- Will Alan Rickman get an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor?
- Those in the audience ask the panel questions and share their thoughts.
- We’re joined by special guest Evanna Lynch, who plays Luna Lovegood in the films! She shares her thoughts on the movie and participates in a live Dueling Club segment.
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 14 MB)
Running time: 1:49:01, 52.4 MB
- Join Andrew, Eric, Micah and Ben as we watch J.K. Rowling’s Pottermore announcement the moment it is released to the world! We provide our initial thoughts and bring you details live as they come in. Thanks to everyone who joined us for the live stream at 7 AM ET!
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 8.1 MB)
Running time: 44:54, 21.6 MB
- The MuggleCasters are in Orlando to podcast in front of a live audience! This episode actually includes two shows in one. The first show is from within the hotel where the Infinitus Harry Potter conference was held. The second is live from within the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park! Join us as we talk about the latest Harry Potter news, our thoughts on the Wizarding World park, and much more.
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 10.7 MB)
Running time: 58:43, 28.3 MB
- MuggleCast is LIVE on Ustream just one hour after the new Deathly Hallows trailer premieres to dissect every single scene! We figure out which scene each shot is from, point out some odd moments, wonder why this trailer covers Parts 1 and 2, and MUCH more. Get ready to have lots of fun watching the trailer with us!
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 12.8 MB)
Running time: 1:10:53, 34.1 MB
- We’re so close to 199, Ben thought it was 200.
- How Virgin Atlantic could’ve made a cooler Harry Potter plane.
- Robbie Coltrane, Emma Watson, and other stars visit the park. We discuss their visit.
- As we lead up to Episode 200, we look back at 199 episodes by discussing the show’s life so far.
- How MuggleCast began, how the show has changed, what’s next, and more.
- MuggleMail addresses last weeks hot topics.
- We gather your tweets about Prisoner of Azkaban.
- Look forward to a special interview on Episode 200!
- MuggleCast Episode 200 will be released June 9th.
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 8.7 MB)
Running time: 48:15, 23.2 MB
- Finally, some Deathly Hallows information straight from the stars!
- Jamie hopes the Lucius wig is made from unicorn hair.
- JK Rowling updates Twitter to let people know why she isn’t tweeting.
- Ben smells scandal all over the JK Rowling/Stephenie Meyer Oscar invite and subsequent turn down.
- MuggleMail addresses last episode’s hot topics.
- Chapter by Chapter this week covers Chapters 7 – 9 of Prisoner of Azkaban.
- We talk boggarts, Snape’s anger, house points, Crookshanks VS Scabbers, Harry’s protection, and much more.
- What would each of our boggarts be?
- Did Trelawney actually make an accurate prediction?
- Is Percy more like Slughorn or Umbridge?
- Make the Music Connection returns – each host connects a Top 40 song to Harry Potter.
- MuggleCast has surpassed 10,000 followers on Twitter!
- Andrew’s friend Mason has a Relay for Life team to benefit the American Cancer Society – please donate if you can < a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=5023159&pg=personal&fr_id=21667">at this link.
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 16 MB)
Running time: 1:28:50, 42.7 MB
- It’s an all-guy show, and Andrew predicts extra madness.
- Micah updates us on the fandom’s Helping Haiti Heal fundraising and the latest Potter news.
- Coming soon: Deathly Hallows – an epic opera road movie.
- Lots of updates on the theme park, as Ben reveals he’s not *that* excited.
- Our thoughts on Deathly Hallows being a 3D film.
- MuggleMail addresses recent hot topics and other Potter canon.
- Chapter by Chapter returns with the start of our Prisoner of Azkaban analysis!
- We discuss the Dursley’s ongoing stubbornness, Aunt Marge’s rudeness, and MUCH more.
- An e-mail arrives from a listener who doesn’t think the Harry Potter series is as great as we make it out to be.
- We can FINALLY say we’ll be doing a podcast at Infinitus!
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 14.7 MB)
Running time: 1:21:09, 48.8 MB
- The Deathly Hallows trailer is released and we identify all the scenes!
- Eric reveals that he hates all things trailers.
- David Yates reveals nude scenes in Deathly Hallows. What’s the deal with these? Are they justified?
- Thanks to all the listeners, we beat Tiger Woods and Santa in the Twitter trends!
- Is that BLOOD on Hermione’s hands?
- We review the various parts of the DVD. Which were bad, which were great
Running time: 2:01:24, 58.4 MB