- MuggleCast will be returning to weekly format in April! Thanks, Patrons!
- An unprepared/underwhelming Oscars acceptance speech
- Fantastic Beasts now on digital release – new clips abound!
- The Studio tour is expanding again!
- Audiobooks, new words and theater nominations for Cursed Child.
- Listener question: What is your earliest Harry Potter memory?
- Main Discussion: Prisoner of Azkaban illustrated edition cover is revealed! Is Ernie Prang related to Dumbledore?
- The colors remind us of Goosebumps books. Listeners also weigh in.
- One more early HP experience to note
Patrons can listen to the show ad-free over on Patreon.
Running time: 1:19:02, 47.4 MB
- Andrew’s worlds collide when The Boss’ Harry Potter song finally surfaces! (Sorry, it’s currently unavailable online)
- Cursed Child auditions are underway – we’re all too tall!
- Dumbledore casting update
- Fantastic Beasts is nominated for two Oscars – we’re not holding our breath!
- Our main discussion takes listener questions on the Fantastic Beasts core four
- How will Newt factor in to the larger wizarding war and the Dumbledore vs. Grindelwald battle?
- How much does Jacob truly remember? Will he make it out alive? Will he be more than the silly sidekick?
- Did Jacob and Queenie have a family? Quentin Kowalski would seem to suggest so.
- What will Tina’s new role be? Will she take Graves’ position? And possibly lead U.S. magical forces against the growing threat in Europe?
- What was the relationship between Tina and the real Graves like?
- Can Queenie turn off her powerful legilimancy abilities? How does she handle all of that information? What other talents can wizards and witches be born with?
- How can Queenie use her powers in the war to come?
- We announce The Slug Club – a brand-new level for patrons! Visit our Patreon to check it out and pledge.
- PO Box update (thank you to everyone who sent us mail) and our voicemail line is returning!
- In Bonus MuggleCast we discuss a potential LEGO Harry Potter movie after Voldemort had a big role in the LEGO Batman Movie.
Patrons can listen to the show ad-free over on Patreon.
Running time: 1:07:00, 64.1 MB
- We review the new House editions of Philosopher’s Stone from Bloomsbury
- Andrew reveals his true allegiance(s)
- Kreacher has passed on at age 666
- What tweet about a popular Fantastic Beasts theory did J.K. Rowling like three times?
- Zoe Kravitz talks Newt and Leta
- Fantastic Beasts Mailbag
- We theorize a bit more on why Newt left Hogwarts
- Was Dumbledore a target of Grindelwald’s from the onset?
- Will Dumbledore be portrayed in a less than positive light in future films? Will his relationship with Grindelwald be showcased at all?
- Chances we get a Tom Riddle cameo? What other families/characters can we expect to run into?
- What will happen to Credence in the next film?
- The creepy Death Cell inside MACUSA
- What exactly happens to witches and wizards born to No-Majs in the U.S.?
- The Dueling Club and Make The Connection return!
- In Bonus MuggleCast we offer updates on the original trio. Plus: Does Dan really want to do a Cursed Child movie?
Patrons can listen to the show without advertising right here.
Running Time: 1:17:44, 47 MB
- We pay tribute to the late John Hurt
- The truth behind Never Sever Us
- The Rubbish Bin on JKR’s site returns… with a Cursed Child focus
- Follow The Spiders – what does it mean?
- The Fantastics Beasts DVD/Blu-ray gets a release date!
- We listen to the deleted scene featuring the Ilvermorny house song!
- Eddie Redmayne will read the new Fantastic Beasts audiobook
- We revisit Fantastic Beasts: Jeanna compares the screening in Chicago to the final product
- Jacob’s fiancee
- How the big Grindelwald reveal went down
- Theme park expansion rumors abound in Bonus MuggleCast
Running Time: 1:09:41, 96.1 MB
In our first episode of 2017, Andrew shares recent stories from the real Wizarding World, and surprises Micah and Eric with news about his hit fan fiction, Never Sever Us.
- Andrew’s now a published author! (Photos of the book are at the bottom of this post — Thank you, Kendra!)
- …and has tasted hot Butterbeer!
- …and has traded houses to become a Slytherin!
- What does it mean that Grindelwald was a seer?
- The new Fantastic Beasts covers have been revealed!
- We dive deep into the launch of JKR’s new website (which definitely has a nostalgic feel)
- Jo answers some FAQs about Fantastic Beasts and we analyze
- Why couldn’t Newt just apparate to the USA? Why did he go through No-Maj customs? Why couldn’t Newt ‘accio’ all of his beasts safely back to his briefcase?
- Why isn’t Veritaserum used in interrogations?
- Why did ‘revelio’ undo the effects of the Polyjuice Potion?
- Why didn’t Harry Potter develop an Obscurus?
- Twitter Question: What uncommon element(s) from the HP books or films do you want to see become important in the FB series?
- MuggleCast is sponsored by Blue Apron. Click here to get your first three meals free!
- Patron supporters can listen to this episode ad-free and get the latest installment of Bonus MuggleCast!
Running Time: 1:12:30, 43.5 MB
Never Sever Us photos:
It’s our final episode of 2016! To send out an amazing year, we recap our latest trip around the sun, discuss recent news, and more. We’re joined by Hypable.com’s Danielle Zimmerman, a longtime listener making her on-air debut.
- Scorbus may be real after all
- Cursed Child tops Amazon’s Best-Selling Books of 2016
- Our Main Discussion centers around Newt’s expulsion from Hogwarts
- New info surrounding Newt and Leta is found in the Case of Beasts!
- Parallels to Hagrid and Aragog – did Newt’s situation set a precedent?
- It’s clear Newt took the blame for Leta, but why?
- The beast in question is revealed: what is a Jarvey?
- Patrons weigh in with their thoughts on Newt and Leta’s relationship
- We take a look back on the Year in Potter, including Fantastic Beasts, The Cursed Child, Ilvermorny, The Patronus Quiz and Alan Rickman
- Twitter Question: What more would you want to learn about the American Wizarding World?
- Thanks to Renee for the Christmas card!
Running time: 1:12:31, 42.6 MB
– Lin-Manuel Miranda sparks Half-Blood Prince/Deathly Hallows debate
– Hot Butterbeer has arrived at the Wizarding World in Los Angeles
– A new spider honors a Hogwarts founder and his sorting hat
– Main Discussion: Was Ariana Dumbledore an Obscurus?
– We analyze the evidence from Credence and Aberforth Dumbledore
– How will her death play into future Fantastic Beasts films?
– Did Grindelwald’s interest in Ariana as an obscurus lead to his falling out with Albus?
– Pottermore releases new writing on Ariana just weeks after Fantastics Beasts – coincidence?
– Obscurus Books… the official publisher of Fantastic Beasts actually exists in Diagon Alley!
– What Fantastic Beasts creature are you? Find out!
– Email: Was the death of Credence not properly handled?
In this week’s Bonus MuggleCast, available on Patreon: A prop recently discovered at a Fantastic Beasts exhibit reveals that Theseus Scamander was tasked with searching down Grindelwald. What does this mean for Newt and his brother in future FB movies?
Running time: 1:20:34, 46.3 MB
– Our spoiler-filled review of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them!
– Those opening credits! We’re back in the wizarding world (with no expectations) and it’s massively refreshing!
– Our initial thoughts on Newt, Tina, Jacob, Queenie, Graves and Creedence
– Another wizarding family gets name-dropped (and its not the Dumbledores)
– Obscurus: say what? And why this may not be the first time we’ve encountered one!
– Inside the Newtcase: will the beasts be used to fight in the future?
– Even thought we’re leaving New York, have we seen the end of certain characters?
– We breakdown the clues leading up to the big reveal!
– We anticipate Nifflers and Bowtruckles will top fan holiday wish lists
Running time: 59:10, 38 MB
- The gang is all together in NYC for a special charity screening of Fantastic Beasts
- We’re recording in-person for the first time in 9 years
- There may or may not be some hand-holding
- We discuss the recent casting of Johnny Depp and the news of the series spanning 19 years
- Our initial reactions to Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, all presented in a spoiler-free manner
- Returning to the Wizarding World five years after the release of Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Characters, beasts, 1920s New York – it’s all on the table for discussion (with Eric’s sorta-working microphone)
- Our full spoiler episode coming later this week!
- Congrats to our Halloween Contest winners
Running time: 1:01:30, 38 MB
We review what we’ve been up to and fandom and discuss the MAJOR news about Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them!
- Andrew reminisces about LeakyCon while Eric reviews Sorcerer’s Stone in IMAX
- Does the Fantastic Beasts soundtrack offer huge insights into what we can expect to see in the film?
- We review what we know about the Fantastic Beasts mobile game…
- And Micah thinks Warner Bros is missing a big opportunity in NYC!<
- Celebrating 20 Years of Magic! Make sure to get your copy of Newsweek today!
- Main Discussion: Fantastic Beasts is now a five-part movie series!
- Will all five films be focused on beasts? Or is it this all building toward the First Wizarding War? What’s Newt’s connection to Grindelwald? And could we be headed to other wizarding institutions around the world?
- We discuss what will determine the overall success of the series.
- David Yates addresses whether this is all just a money-grab… and name drops a major Potter character for the Fantastic Beast sequel.
- Listener Feedback: mixed reaction to the announcement by JKR
- In this week’s Bonus MuggleCast available on Patreon, we discuss how five movies will affect fandom, and if we can analyze this new movie like we would any J.K. Rowling / Harry Potter book.
Running time: 1:06:24, 39.8 MB