- Eric is back!
- News covers John Williams, Cursed Child, Digital Illustrated Editions and Allison Sudol
- A new segment called The Pensieve debuts, as we look back at parts of the Potter series now that we’re older!
- Our first discussion centers around Cornelius Fudge and his denial of Voldemort’s return
- Fudge refuses to believe credible sources such as Dumbledore and Harry
- Comparisons are made to present-day politics
- For more discussion on Potter Politics, be sure to check out Episode 162
- Main Discussion: How many editions of the Potter series is too many?
- The hosts share how many versions of each book they currently own
- Patrons weigh in with their thoughts, including one listener who has more than 200 copies!
- Owl Post covers Ebbingdales, Jacob in Paris and a new Quidditch film series
- We have a big Patreon announcement and share plans for 2018
- Quizzitch: What famous Quidditch player died after encountering a Chimera, and has a wing in St. Mungo’s Hospital named after him? Bonus: What’s the specialty of the wing?
- We’ll see you in two weeks!
Running time: 1:20:01, 48 MB
- Eric…? Eric…?
- Slug Club member Ken joins the show
- Guessing Game: How many books has the Harry Potter series sold to date? How many do we think are duplicate copies?
- Eric…? Eric…?
- We respond to David Yates’ recent comments about how Dumbledore’s sexuality will play into Fantastic Beasts 2
- Saying that “all fans are aware of that” has not sat well with…well…the fans
- JKR and the Wizarding World preach inclusion and acceptance but have shied away from embracing LGBTQ characters
- That said, Dumbledore still needs to be introduced in the Fantastic Beasts series and fans need to learn about his history with Grindelwald’s
- We haven’t seen Jude Law’s portrayal of Dumbledore and we know he spent time learning about the character from Rowling
- Rowling is the screenwriter, she’s the one who knows the backstory and she has four films to tell it
- Eric…? Eric…?
- In honor of Groundhog’s Day we each create a weather-predicting fantastic beast
- Southern Hagrid makes an appearance
- Owl Post covers last weekend’s Celebration of Harry Potter
- Voicemails return!
- Quizzitch: In Chapter 10 of Half-Blood Prince, “The House of Gaunt,” Hermione is seen working on an essay entitled what?
- Check out upcoming dates on the Harry Potter In Concert tour
- Eric…? Eric…?
Running time: 1:03:15, 45.3 MB
- Micah and Andrew attend A Celebration of Harry Potter in Orlando
- We try Butterbeer tequila at Antojitos in Universal CityWalk
- Cast Q&A with Natalia Tena (Tonks), Stanislav Ianevski (Krum), James & Oliver Phelps (Weasley twins) and Bonnie Wright (Ginny)
- Pottermore announces a new Quidditch Through The Ages audiobook
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition is headed to Milan in May
- Guests were treated to a great performance from the first four films by the Orlando Philharmonic
- The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle debut at the Wizarding World
- Micah tries hot Butterbeer… and Dragon Scale ale… and Hog’s Head Brew
- On Saturday we hit the expo floor to check out all of the vendors
- The original Goblet of Fire and the Hogwarts letter spitter were among the special effects on display from the Studio Tour in London
- We caught up with MinaLima, the graphic designers of the Harry Potter films, demoed the new Hogwarts Mystery mobile game and got a virtual reality tour of Newt’s suitcase
- Scholastic gave us a glimpse at some concept art for the 20th anniversary editions as well as let us step inside a life-size version of Sorcerer’s Stone
- Just what in the world is Globus Mundi? Andrew hopes to be a trendsetter this November!
- We touch on how we think the celebration can be improved in future years, including more Fantastic Beasts integration
- Be sure to check out our newest sponsor Bright Cellars for an amazing offer
Running time: 1:15:34, 45.3 MB
- Slug Club member Alex joins the show
- Scholastic announces 20th anniversary editions for all seven Potter books, but they’re kinda disappointing.
- Eddie Redmayne talks Crimes of Grindelwald bringing us closer to the Potter series
- Our thoughts on the new Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery video game trailer
- Main Discussion: Book Covers
- We compare the U.S. and UK book covers from Sorcerer’s Stone to Deathly Hallows. Which of each is better?
- The hosts name their top 3 original Potter book covers and give one honorable mention
- Check out our interview with U.S. illustrator Mary Grandpre back on Episode 172
- Patreon Question of the Week: Which Potter title would you change and why?
- Owl Post covers This Week in MuggleCast History, an interesting Fantastic Beasts quote from JKR and last week’s discussion on Merope Gaunt
- Quizzitch: Which character was chosen by all four Ilvermorny houses?
- Andrew and Micah are headed to Orlando for A Celebration of Harry Potter (keep an eye out for meetup info)
- In Bonus MuggleCast, available on Patreon, we discuss which cover should have completely gone back to the drawing board, and which cover best depicts Harry at his current age?
Running time: 1:19:23, 47.6 MB
- Slug Club member Ashley joins the show
- Jude Law sits down with JKR to learn about Dumbledore’s character
- Chamber of Secrets gets the House Edition treatment (and so will the rest of the series)
- Nighttime shows are coming to Wizarding World Orlando while Cursed Child rehearsals begin on Broadway
- Dan Radcliffe weighs in on the Johnny Depp/Grindelwald debate
- Ashley has her own discussion ready for the show and wants to know how Jacob will get his memory back?
- She breaks down what we know about memory charms to date and characters who’ve experienced them
- How exactly can a memory charm be broken? How much does Jacob remember by the end of Fantastic Beasts?
- Since the Swooping Evil venom is supposed to erase bad memories, is there a chance Jacob’s memory wasn’t fully erased?
- Will Jacob regain his memory in full? Will it be over time through a series of flashbacks through Fantastic Beasts 2?
- Did the murtlap bite somehow prevent him from losing his full memory?
- Could JKR offer further education on memory charms via Pottermore to prepare us?
- Main Discussion: The Gaunt Family
- Given Voldemort’s recent birthday, we take a look at his family: Merope, Morfin and Marvolo
- Is there anything we actually like about these characters?
- Andrew gets incestuous asking if the other hosts would ever marry their cousins
- Could we ever love somebody after we found out they had us under a spell?
- Should Tom Riddle Sr. have sought out his son and tried to raise him?
- We discuss the distinction between Tom Riddle Jr. and Voldemort being able to love
- Do we see the Gaunt family playing a role in future Fantastic Beasts films?
- Email and text messages cover the Wizarding World’s third expansion and the Potter films moving to HBO
- This Week in MuggleCast history looks at Episodes 72, 128, 168 and 189
- Quizzitch: To whom, in the Harry Potter universe, is Mark Evans related?
Running time: 1:23:01, 49.8 MB
- We recap our New Years in Chicago
- Photos, Cards Against Humanity, bowling and more
- A special guest joins us for our landmark 350th episode
- Dumbledore gives his Top 14 New Years Resolutions To Make Hogwarts Safer
- A few Fantastic Beasts stills were released during the holidays
- Where’s Dumbledore sitting? Who sent Newt that postcard? What’s Grindelwald staring at?
- Harry Potter Weekends on Freeform are no more as the series moves to HBO!
- Now that they are all on demand, patrons share which movie they would watch first
- JKR releases a statement on why she blocked a fan and the hosts have mixed reactions
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic in NYC dates are announced
- One listener shares a very interesting theory on the Chinese beast alluded to in Crimes of Grindelwald
Running time: 57:17, 34.4 MB
- Welcome Slug Club member Hayden!
- JKR found inspiration for the Hogwarts Houses in the most unlikely of places
- Another new Harry Potter video game is coming that’s been in development for two years!
- It’s set in the 1980s with an open world concept
- Plus, you can be a Hogwarts student and go through all seven years
- We discuss David Heyman’s comments about the role of beasts in The Crimes of Grindelwald
- Eddie Redmayne confirms the Niffler and Pickett are back!
- We theorize on the formidable Chinese beast: Chinese Fireball, Phoenix, Re’em or other?
- Many actors have officially wrapped filming The Crimes of Grindelwald
- Christmas and New Year’s in the Wizarding World – where would we spend the holidays?
- Does Santa exist? Andrew thinks Hagrid would have made the perfect Father Christmas!
- What do Potter fans have to look forward to in 2018?
- A new ride in Orlando, Cursed Child on Broadway, The Crimes of Grindelwald and more!
- The last Quizzitch question of 2017 targets Goblet of Fire!
- Thank you for a great year in Potter! We’ll see you all in 2018!
- Bonus MuggleCast: We read from the latest Potter novel – Harry Potter and What Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
Running time: 52:10, 31.3 MB
- Resistance Radio host and Hypable writer Donya joins the show!
- We react to J.K. Rowling’s statement on Johnny Depp
- What finally prompted her to comment?
- Many fans plan to boycott. How will this impact future Fantastic Beasts films?
- Will this even be a topic of discuss a year from now when the movie premieres?
- We call Laura to get her thoughts and she shares an interesting idea
- Two new Crimes of Grindelwald stills are released by Entertainment Weekly
- Text messages focus on Christmas and religion in the Wizarding World
- Eric goes international for our next Quizzitch question
Running time: 1:06:49, 40.1 MB
- Andrew and Eric’s trivia night adventures continue!
- There’s an odd mistake in the Bloomsbury House Editions pulled from a fake JKR tweet!
- We react to David Yates’ defense of casting Johnny Depp
- Could Colin Farrell have been recast as Grindelwald?
- Is Johnny Depp influencing our perspective of Grindelwald? Souring our expectations of his story?
- One listener thinks it’s simple… TRUST IN JO!
- Eric and Andrew chat with Michael Aiello, Sr. Director of Creative Development at Universal Orlando Resort about Christmas at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Emails tackle Queenie’s potential allegiance with Grindelwald
- Text messages: metaphorical beasts, the Elder Wand’s allegiance and Jacob’s brute force
- Quizzitch returns!
Running time: 1:11:49, 43.1 MB
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald… we give our initial reactions!
- Will most of the film focus on Grindelwald’s past crimes and rise to power?
- Or can we expect new crimes committed during this movie?
- How does this impact screen time for Newt? The beasts?
- Lots of references to the Deathly Hallows (and alchemy?) in the title screen
- The new cast photo gives us several first looks, including Jude Law as Dumbledore
- What’s up with Jacob and Queenie staring directly at Grindelwald?
- Credence is cozied up with a new character! What exactly is a Maledictus?
- Leta is engaged to Newt’s brother! What does that mean for the brothers Scamander?
- We’ve got a pretty good theory about when the first trailer is coming!
- Andrew reports live from Orlando for Holidays at Hogwarts
- Listener tweets, emails, voicemails and quizzitch!
- We’ll see you after the Thanksgiving holiday!
Running time: 1:06:19, 39.8 MB