- With Micah out for the week, MuggleCast welcomes our friend Nasim and one of our Patreon supporters Andy to the show!
- The MuggleCast community lost a listener and friend this week. Hug your loved ones.
- The Beedle the Bard Illustrated Edition covers are out now, and they’re gorgeous!
- We forgot to discuss Tonks on last week’s Mother’s Day episode, so this week we share some thoughts about her decision to head to the Battle of Hogwarts as newborn Teddy stayed at home.
- Annnd that leads perfectly into our main discussion this week: The Battle of Hogwarts turns 20 (fictional) years old!
- We share our feelings reading the iconic scenes again 11 years after it was originally published. Do our feelings on it change now that we’re adults?
- Was it responsible to allow students who were ‘of age’ to fight? What role would we have taken in defending the school? What GOOD came out of the battle (besides Voldemort’s downfall)?
- Eric quizzes us on the Battle of Hogwarts. And of course, Quizzitch wraps up the show.
Running time: 1:23:57, 50.4 MB
- Slug Club member and mom Cherise returns for a Mother’s Day discussion
- How would raising a young witch/wizard differ from raising a child in the Muggle world?
- What would be the most difficult part of parenting?
- No schooling until Hogwarts? What do working parents do?
- What happens when your child begins exhibiting signs of magic?
- Would you be comfortable sending your child off to boarding school?
- We discuss notable mothers and mother-like figures in the Potter series
- From Lily and Molly to Narcissa and Petunia
- Patrons vote on who they think is the best mother in the wizarding world
- Listeners tweet their thoughts on the biggest parenting challenges
- Quizzitch: Which mother in the Harry Potter series is named after a Roman Catholic saint, whose Feast Day is famously preceded by a gathering of Witches?
Running time: 1:23:40, 50.2 MB
- Cursed Child wrap up: Andrew sees it again, Hogwarts merch and Tony nominations
- JKR confirms Jessica Williams will play Ilvermorny professor Eulalie Hicks
- What’s up with Dumbledore teaching DADA in a recent Crimes of Grindelwald clip?
- On the anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts, JKR apologies for killing Dobby
- Main Discussion: Hogwarts Mystery
- The hosts give their initial reactions to the new Potter mobile game
- How far have we each advanced? Are we sold on the story?
- Do stories differ depending on which House your were sorted into?
- Is Merula the antagonist even if you were sorted into Slytherin?
- Time and energy issues! Patrons shared their mixed reactions to the game.
- Voicemails cover Hogwarts memorials, Teddy Lupin in Cursed Child, Puffs The Movie and more
- We frequently talk about our “Pig For Slaughter” episode — you can listen to it here!
- Quizzitch: In the trio’s third year, what is the Care of Magical Creatures exam?
Running time: 1:25:13, 51.1 MB
- Moments after seeing Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway, Andrew, Micah, and Eric are back in their hotel room to share their thoughts on the show. Have Micah and Eric changed their stances on Cursed Child? Did Andrew notice anything different? Did Micah buy an owl? This and more is discussed in this week’s episode!
Running time: 1:06:22, 39.8 MB
- Slug Club member Molly joins the show!
- The votes are in for the most evil character in the Potter series (besides Voldemort)!
- Main Discussion: Predicting Cursed Child
- JKR checks out the newly refurbished Lyric Theatre
- What character are the hosts most looking forward to seeing? What scene?
- Will Part 1 or Part 2 be better?
- How much will be spent on merchandise?
- Will we keep an open mind about seeing the show despite our thoughts on the plot?
- Check out Episodes 295, 298 and 299 for prior Cursed Child discussions
- If there were to be an eighth Potter story, what would we want it to be about?
- Quizzitch: Where in Britain is the Railview Hotel?
- Don’t forget Hogwarts Mystery hits your mobile phones this week!
- We’ll be live on Patreon from NYC this Wednesday with our initial thoughts on Cursed Child!
Running time: 1:10:40, 47 MB
- Slug Club member Stephen joins the show
- The Quidditch World Cup is underway in Round Rock, Texas
- The hosts share their Quidditch World Cup experiences
- We get our first look at the Tales of Beedle the Bard Illustrated Edition
- The Goblet of Fire Illustrated Edition won’t hit bookstores until 2019. Can we expect it to be published in two parts?
- The Harry Potter 20th Anniversary Edition covers get mixed reactions from the hosts
- Cursed Child sets a Broadway sales record
- Main Discussion: Who, besides Voldemort, is the most evil character in the series? Vote in our poll!
- Each host makes and defends their pick: Rita Skeeter, Bellatrix, Umbridge or Fudge?
- Patrons weigh in with their thoughts from the Dursleys to Peter Pettigrew to Salazar Slytherin
- MuggleMail covers wand allegiance and Voldemort and Bellatrix’s relationship
- Quizzitch: What is Professor Quirrell’s first name?
Running time: 1:18:22, 47 MB
- Welcome Slug Club member Laura!
- Maggie Smith, Michael Gambon, Warwick Davis lend voices to Hogwarts Mystery
- Main Discussion: Did Dumbledore & Grindelwald make an unbreakable vow?
- Since Voldemort is incapable of love, how was he able to father a child?
- Does Moody know what a boggart looks like because of his magical eye?
- How do wizards watch Quidditch matches?
- Do all the professors have permanent residences at Hogwarts? What about their families?
- Did the Shrieking Shack exists prior to Remus Lupin coming to school?
- How come Hermione’s parents are cool with her never being home for the holidays?
- How did Voldemort acquire a rudimentary body?
- What happened to the chambers connected to Fluffy’s bedroom?
- Did Credence ever get an Ilvermorny acceptance letter?
- Plus, plenty more emails, voicemails and text messages
- PO BOX Update!
- Quizzitch: For Harry’s 17th birthday, what color did Hermione turn the leaves of the Weasley’s crabapple tree?
Running time: 1:18:22, 47 MB
- With Micah and Eric both out for the weekend, Andrew welcomes Hypable writer Nasim to the show!
- Andrew’s April Fools Day article hits a little too close to home for some readers.
- Andrew visited The Cursed Child NYC giftshop and spent a little too much money.
- We discuss Nasim’s recent article “The Problem With Pottermore“
- What would we like to see Pottermore become?
- Micah and Eric interview the team behind the Harry Potter Film Concert Series
- Voicemails address the Pottermore news, the Fantastic Beasts trailer, and the new Wizarding World logo.
- Quizzitch: What does Imposter Moody make Lavender Brown do under the Imperius Curse, in the classroom scene from Goblet of Fire?
- This week’s episode is sponsored by Blue Apron! Get $30 off your first meal box by clicking here.
Running time: 1:10:20, 42.2 MB
- Pottermore makes some staffing changes- Scholastic confirms release of Crimes of Grindelwald screenplay
- The mystery behind Hogwarts Mystery is revealed!
- Main Discussion: Crimes of Grindewald trailer roundup
- We breakdown the Lestrange family tree in more detail
- What does it mean that Leta and Credence are half-siblings? Will this test allegiances?
- Who is Yusuf Kama? Could it have been him staring at the family tree?
- Listeners fact check us on the Minister for Magic, DADA professor and headmaster during the late 1920s
- Did Dumbledore’s comment about Newt not following directions mean Newt really isn’t supposed to be in Paris?
- Could Grindelwald been standing before a group of peers presenting his crimes?
- Could the dance Leta attended be her own wedding or engagement party?
- What role does Leta have in all of this? Is she a casual observer to the unfolding events or does she pick a side?
- J.K. Rowling Sez covers Lethal White, Newt & Kennilworthy Whisp’s friendship and 85-year-old grandmothers
- We respond to tweets on Grindelwald’s cell, Dumbledore’s put-outer, the DADA classroom and the history of transport to Hogwarts
- Quizzitch: In Chamber of Secrets, what three nonsense spells does Harry aim at the bush before Dudley calls for his mother?
Running time: 1:23:08, 49.9 MB
- Trailer recap: is Credence able to separate himself from the Obscurus now?
- Why is the circus scene outdoors? Are the French more lackadaisical with secrecy?
- Andrew hates on Hedwig’s Theme (really)
- Voicemails touch on ground pounds, Apparition at Hogwarts, Jacob’s memory, Corvus Lestrange, and why nobody’s dressed like a wizard!
- The hosts pick a favorite trailer moment
- Main Discussion: JK Rowling’s Wizarding World gets a dedicated logo for the first time!
- Whose wands are represented in this ‘book’ design?
- Is JK Rowling being removed from the equation?
- We play Quizzitch and thank our Patrons for helping us reach the 777 Challenge!
- This week’s sponsor is BeachBody OnDemand. Text ‘MuggleCast’ to 303030 to receive a free trial of BeachBody!
Running time: 1:07:24, 97.1 MB