- We (jokingly) hit a milestone!
- Micah reviews LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5 – 7.
- Main Discussion: The future of the Harry Potter stars.
- We run down the “Big 7” and see what they have coming up in the next couple of years.
- Who has the most promising future of them all? Can they shed their Potter skin?
- Listeners chime in with their thoughts on the casts’ future.
- E-mails respond to our Deathly Hallows – Part 2 DVD commentary and even point a couple things we missed.
- A transcription update as well as a preview of what’s to come from MuggleCast in December.version.
- Visit Audible for a free copy of Hugo Cabret – now in theaters!
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 9.4 MB)
Running time: 52:12, 25.1 MB
- It’s back to school time again with MuggleCast!
- Andrew, Micah and Matt all reveal their new jobs. MuggleCast will be making some behind-the-scenes changes and Eric may be taking a seat on Dateline.
- Deleted Scenes from Deathly Hallows titles released. Do we think that they will be special and/or exciting?
- Ultimate Edition DVDs. Press conference footage from when the children were young is touching! What will the documentary on HP8’s Ultimate dvd be? We speculate.
- J.K. Rowling a possible victim of phone hacking scandal
- All of the hosts have been sorted on Pottermore, and each Hogwarts House is represented on today’s show!
- What do we think about Pottermore? What are some of the disadvantages of gaining BETA access?
- Just how accurate IS the sorting on Pottermore, is it rigged, and were we misled?
- Is there good replay value or will there be, once Pottermore is open to all?
- We come with feature ideas for the site. Hint: Neopets and Farmville.
- Favorites: Creature
- Listener e-mails include a potential for Oscar Success DHP2, a favorite chapter, Andrew’s remarkable prediction from Episode 71, and a new “Awesome” place to listen from.
- Next episode of MuggleCast will air October 16th!
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 14.3 MB)
Running time: 1:18:52, 37.9 MB
- Deathly Hallows – Part 2 continues its box office surge.
- Warner Brothers is pushing Deathly Hallows – Part 2 for the Oscars. Do they have a shot?
- Pottermore updates! We run through the latest developments.
- One listener didn’t like our Pottermore complaints. We respond.
- Matt shares his thoughts on the film.
- Lots of listeners have e-mailed in with their thoughts on Deathly Hallows – Part 2 so we react to their comments.
- We also read tweets from listeners who tell us their favorite scene.
- Was there anything that was in the book we wish was in the film?
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 14.7 MB)
Running time: 52:48, 25.4 MB
- It’s our final show before the release of Deathly Hallows – Part 2!
- There’s a ton of news so we only run through some of the bigger things going on surrounding the film’s release.
- We update everyone on the latest Pottermore developments.
- Will everyone be able to get a Pottermore beta invite? What new information can we expect to receive?
- Back to the film! Will it be the top grossing Potter film ever?
- What are our general expectations for it?
- We take your thoughts/feelings as we approach the end.
- Don’t forget: our big Deathly Hallows – Part 2 review will be recorded live at LeakyCon. The episode will be online after we record!
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 8.5 MB)
Running time: 47:10, 22.7 MB
- Pottermore: What the heck is it?
- Did the hack ruin the announcement?
- Will it extend the life of the fandom?
- Will it be something all fans can enjoy?
- The owls are gathering… who is cleaning up the waste?
- We break down the final Potter trailer ever
- Micah and Eric point out two deceptive scene cuts
- Should they have shown Harry confronting Snape?
- What about the Resurrection Stone scene?
- Who is casting that big blue spell? Hint: he may like goats.
- News covers: Deathly Hallows – Part 2 rating, run-time, score and more
- We take your tweets on both the trailer and Pottermore
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 16.4 MB)
Running time: 1:30:50, 43.7 MB
- Micah reviews the Exhibition and DVD launch events that took place in New York City.
- Lots of Part 1 deleted scenes, but we’re not reviewing them – yet!
- Helen McCrory says multiple Malfoy endings were shot, but Andrew and Eric say “don’t get your hopes up”.
- What If: The main character in the Potter series was a girl?
- Chapter by Chapter: Goblet of Fire Chapters 34 and 35.
- We look at Harry and Voldemort’s duel, more luck for Harry, Death Eater oversights, and the truth about Moody/Barty Crouch Sr.
- Favorites: Favorite Quidditch Position
- Andrew and Eric answer Micah and fans’ questions about the ‘Deathly Hallows – Part 2’ test screening.
- Surprise character appearances, Snape’s death, Narcissa, Remus, Tonks, Wormtail and more are discussed.
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 15.7 MB)
Running time: 1:27:10, 41.9 MB
- We’re live to discuss the year that was in Potter.
- News covers video games, movie revenues, DVD release dates, casting and Oscars.
- We play some of our favorite MuggleCast moments from 2010.
- The fans hand out MuggleCasties to…
- The Most Interesting Potter Star on Twitter and The Most Shocking News Story.
- The Best Returning DH Part 1 Actor and Actress.
- The Best New Potter Actor and Actress.
- And The Best DH PT 1 Scene.
- You might be surprised who wins this year’s J.K. Rowling Award…or not.
- We review the top 7 stories of the year and let you pick the top four.
- We discuss what to look forward to in 2011.
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 15.3 MB)
Running time: 1:24:54, 40.8 MB
- Part 2 of our Deathly Hallows – Part 1 discussion! Download Episode 214 for our scene-by-scene review of the film.
- We clear up several mistakes from last episode.
- Matt joins the show and gives us his thoughts on Part 1.
- We all agree Hedwig gets a more dignified death than in the book.
- Your responses to last week’s show: the good and the bad.
- Muggle Mail covers Bill Weasley, Mad-Eye’s eye, and Dobby’s speech.
- Did the forest scenes feel slow at times because they were covering months of action?
- Micah concedes some of the things he mentioned last episode could have payoff in Part 2.
- Did Hermione and Harry have an “aha” moment when the Invisibility Cloak was mentioned?
- We revisit the Dursleys departing, Malfoy Manor, the split and more.
- Plus, we take tweets on your favorite scenes.
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 12.7 MB)
Running time: 1:10:26, 33.9 MB
- We’re live on Ustream to discuss the just-released Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 trailer! We go scene-by-scene picking apart every last detail.
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 18.2 MB)
Running time: 1:40:38, 48.4 MB
- Spoiler warning: We reveal where Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2 will split!
- We record an episode earlier than scheduled to talk about where the Deathly Hallows split will be!
- We discuss the pros and cons of the split being here.
- We’ve got a list of all the big scenes that will be in Part 1.
- Did WB mean for this split to get out, or did EW not realize what they were doing?
- Should we know where the split is before seeing the film?
- We catch up on other news, including the launch of the ‘Join the Final Battle’ campaign and the Harry Potter: The Exhibition heading to Seattle.
- MuggleMail addresses last week’s hot topics.
- Chicken Soup for the MuggleCast Soul.
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 13.9 MB)
Running time: 44:26, 21.4 MB