- We’re kickin’ it old school this episode with a traditional hosting panel.
- We cover Deathly Hallows casting and Presidential set visits.
- So much Half-Blood Prince news we don’t even know where to begin.
- Will IMAX regret its contractual obligations?
- Should the MPAA take notice of the BBFC’s 12A rating?
- Does anyone care about the run-time with a two-part series finale?
- MuggleMail on e-books and movie splits.
- We introduce two brand-new segments you do not want to miss!
- AudioFiction and Chicken Soup return.
- Plus, Azkatraz is less than one month away!
Running time: 1:05:54, 30.2 MB
- The best trailer yet? If not, where does it rank?
- The hosts breakdown the trailer and analyze the new scenes.
- The Unbreakable Vow, the Quidditch Pitch and the Dark Mark.
- Harry and Ginny get closer while Ron takes a beating from Hermione.
- There’s a lady in a London scene who looks absolutely petrified.
- Slughorn yelling, Katie Bell attacked and a wand tribute.
- Draco gets some airtime: what’s with the whiny voice?
- Snape’s story finally exposed! “It’s over!”
- Does WB President Alan Horn sing the hit song ‘Circus’?
- We take your live calls and Tweets.
- Other news covers the release date change, Jamie Waylett, J.K. Rowling, Jamie Campbell Bower, HBP posters and the DH Epilogue.
Running time: 1:42:36, 46.9 MB
- Prior to the interview, we catch up on the latest news and more.
- Mary explains the process of designing the covers.
- Which cover gave her the most difficulty? Who is her favorite character to draw?
- What is her favorite book in the series?
- She breaks down the curtain comparison between the first and last novels.
- How much communication does she have with Jo? International illustrators?
- She discusses future anniversary covers and the HP encyclopedia.
- How difficult was it for her knowing the end of Deathly Hallows?
- To wrap up the show, Make The Music Connection returns.
Running time: 1:11:57, 33.0 MB
- We discuss the latest Harry Potter news stories.
- Emma and Rupert are both afraid to kiss each other?
- Our thoughts on the recently released HBP posters.
- A podcast competition at Azkatraz 2009!
- A new MuggleCast.com coming soon!
- Matt and Micah interview Goblet of Fire film composer Patrick Doyle.
- Patrick Doyle dishes on Syracuse University, Goblet of Fire, and his other works.
- We learn that the waltz in Goblet was actually improvised.
- Valentine’s Day discussion: Who would we date in the Potter series?
- The boys get a little immature.
- Chicken Soup: bad economy edition.
Running time: 1:30:11, 41.3 MB
- We’re live to discuss the Japanese Half-Blood Prince trailer!
- We attempt to hit 10,000 members on MuggleSpace while on the air.
- Have Michael Gambon and Emma Watson changed their tune for this film?
- And why again is this rated PG?
- Live callers tell us what their favorite parts of the trailer are.
- Are there any scenes we’d like to see cut?
- What are they doing instead of Dumbledore’s funeral?
- We give the MPAA a call to see why it was rated PG.
- Hagrid calls in to ask Laura a serious question.
- When will the next trailer be out? Ben has a vision.
Running time: 1:35:01, 34.4 MB
- We’re live to usher in the new year!
- MuggleNet staff member Nick joins us!
- A nice big panel of hosts to discuss the hot topics.
- HBP is rated PG – wtf?
- Eric, having already seen the film, tells us if the rating is justified.
- Nick points out that the trailers in the UK are rated 12A. What does this mean for the UK rating?
- The other hot news topics, analyzed.
- Main discussion: What to expect for 2009?
- Will we see Jo’s encyclopedia or at least get news on it?
- Are COS and POA anniversary editions coming this year?
- Live calls!
- And finally, extremely sad news about a MuggleCast listener.
Running time: 1:35:01, 43.5 MB
- It’s time for our annual Year in Review show!
- But first, the latest news. Or lack of it.
- MuggleMail addresses last week’s hot topics.
- MuggleSpace is now open for business!
- We countdown the top seven stories of 2008.
- Twitter responses: What did YOU think was the top story?
- The 1st Annual MuggleCasties Awards!
- … all while looking at the best show moments from this year.
- Chicken Soup: Surgery Edition!
Running time: 1:25:40, 39.3 MB
- The latest Movie, Beedle, and Exhibition news.
- Happy Birthday, Laura!
- MuggleMail addresses our Beedle show.
- Book Discussion: Was the final battle between Harry and Voldemort a disappointment?
- We look at why some people were hoping for more.
- We discuss the reasons why the battle was short, Harry’s signature spell, and much more.
- A cool parallel between Snape’s lessons to Harry and the final battle.
- Lupin’s influence on Harry throughout Deathly Hallows.
- Holiday Discussion! Questions sent in via Twitter.
- Voicemails address various topics.
- Chicken Soup: Finals Edition.
- What do with the MuggleCast Australia voicemail number?
Running time: 1:31:48, 38.4 MB
- MuggleCast reviews Beedle the Bard!
- But first, the latest news.
- We start the discussion off with our general thoughts.
- What was our favorite tale?
- Would Laura Mallory approve of the tales?
- Our thought’s on Dumbledore’s commentary.
- We go Tale by Tale through the book, pointing out the most interesting tidbits.
- Interesting parallels between Beedle tales and the Potter books.
- We discuss the timing of when Dumbledore wrote these notes and their significance.
- New MuggleCast interaction: we read questions sent in via Twitter!
Running time: 1:23:45, 38.4 MB
- It’s time for our annual Halloween show, and Ben is back!
- Micah is now a Senior Staff Member of MuggleNet.
- We talk about our upcoming show at Azktraz 2009.
- MuggleMail addresses Episode 159’s hot topics.
- Our main discussion is Halloween in the books.
- Analyzing Episode 61: did we have anything right about ghosts pre-DH?
- If you had to decide which house to be in based on the ghost, which would you chose?
- Were there enough of the traditional Halloween characters in the series?
- We discuss Snape’s vampire-like qualities.
- What if: JK Rowling were a man? It’s a serious question.
- Debate: The Potter series should be made mandatory reading in US public schools.
Running time: 1:21:41, 37.4 MB