- Mikey B. returns to the show!
- Dan Radcliffe has been on a tear lately with interesting comments about Potter, his personal life, and more.
- Harry Potter VS Twilight according to Dan.
- Does he really want to be Harry Potter again?
- Could we notice the Half-Blood Prince scenes he was, in his words, “dark in the eyes”?
- Emma Watson may be joining a horror film, and she’s also lined up a project with Yates.
- Favorites: Person you’d like to play in a Potter film.
- Main discussion: Harry Potter and the Oscars.
- We start off the talk with an e-mail from a reader who thoughtfully explains why it won’t win.
- What do we feel Potter actually deserved?
- Why no noms in the main categories?
- E-mails address Hogsmeade and the Two-Way Mirror.
- Check out our sister podcast Glee Chat! And coming soon: a Game of Thrones podcast!
Download Now (No Low-Bandwidth for this episode)
Running time: 1:14:55, 34.4 MB
- We discuss the newest reviews of Deathly Hallows, Part 1.
- The trailer for Deathly Hallows, Part 1 is complete, but when will WE see it?
- This week’s Chapter by Chapter segment focuses on Chapters 4 – 6 of Goblet of Fire.
- The Dursleys can never have a peaceful encounter with wizards.
- How typical of Harry to have a crush on his best friend’s sister.
- Lots of hints about the future for the Weasleys in this chapter.
- Why can’t Mrs. Weasley embrace her son’s interest in starting a joke shop instead of fighting it?
- Jo shows here you don’t have to be academic to be successful. And to follow your passion!
- … but there are some limits.
- Some support for Mrs. Weasley and why she may be right to worry about The Twins’ future.
- A bit of talk about the business side of running a joke shop.
- In Chapter six we learn about more than just one mode of wizard transportation.
- What’s our favorite mode of magical transportation?
- We bring the use of Portkeys to a whole new level.
- The awkwardness Amos creates.
- The first mention of the Lovegoods! But we won’t see them just yet…
- Matt predicted the Deathly Hallows split spot on Episode 140.. we replay the clip!
Download Now (Low-Bandwidth: 12.5 MB)
Running time: 1:09:01, 33.2 MB
- It’s time for our 2009 Year in Review episode!
- The term BobFail is created on the show as Micah tells the story of putting a USA Today writer in his place.
- The 2nd Annual MuggleCasties Awards are here!
- We ask listeners to vote LIVE as we announced each category on the air. We then read the results and discussed if we agreed/disagreed with the consensus.
- Best Harry Potter Video? Most Interesting Potter star on Twitter? All questions are asked and answered!
- Who will win this year’s JK Rowling award?
- What were the 7 biggest Potter stories of the year?
- We recall the best MuggleCast moments of 2009.
- We host a trivia contest where winners receive copies of Half-Blood Prince on DVD!
- What things do we have to look forward to in 2010?
Running time: 1:31:17, 58.4 MB
- News: Potter top Twitter trend, HBP screening, DH filming update and more.
- We touch briefly on the SS and CoS Ultimate Edition DVDs.
- Laura and Mikey give their thoughts on the DH trailer.
- Muggle Mail includes Harry and the Sorting Hat, petrified people, wizard genetics, and health at Hogwarts.
- Chapter by Chapter returns with Chamber of Secrets 13-15.
- Is there a secret to each Chapter 13 in the Potter series?
- Does Harry have a Horcrux moment when he first encounters Riddle’s diary?
- Why doesn’t the Trio just present all their findings to the staff instead of getting into more danger?
- Did Dumbledore sense the presence of a deathly hallow in Hagrid’s hut?
- And did the governors really believe Hogwarts would be safer without Dumbledore?
- Also, why is Chapter 14 called Cornelius Fudge? We don’t think it makes much sense!
- Was Malfoy asking Snape about the headmaster’s position foreshadowing to DH?
- Were the students really safe being escorted around by professors?
- We meet Aragog. Hagrid continues to underestimate the danger of certain creatures.
- Ford Anglia to the rescue! Did it grow a mind of its own?
- Thanks to everyone who vote for us at the 2009 Podcast Awards!
Running time: 1:26:34, 49.7 MB
- The cafe where JKR started Potter reopens – how should they recognize Jo there?
- Auditions for the Wizarding World are coming up and Ben submits his audition.
- Andrew’s story of proposing the Dumbledore’s Tower of Terror ride to Universal execs.
- Deathly Hallows filming updates galore.
- Ben debuts a brand new Top 10 List.
- Chapter by Chapter highlights Chamber of Secrets Chapters 7 – 9
- Hedwig holds a grudge against Harry. She needs to get over it!
- A mini debate is sparked over Quidditch teams and what brooms they use – should all teams use the same brooms? “Broom Equality!” cries Andrew.
- Listener Feedback addresses last week’s hot topics.
- What if JK Rowling secretely released her next book under a different name?!
- Ben writes a letter to Emma in attempt to make his feelings be known.
- We’ve been nominated at the 2009 Podcast Awards! Thank you!
- Roller Coaster Tycoon contest winners can be found at this link.
Running time: 1:27:41, 50.2 MB
- MuggleCast is back in a pre-recorded format and we’re all about Half-Blood Prince today!
- Micah gets us up to date with all the news over the past few weeks.
- How’d Half-Blood Prince perform in the box office? Why did hamsters beat wizards in the second week?
- Ultimate Collector’s Edition DVDs… is it too soon?
- Theme Park news and Half-Blood Prince give us a new idea for a ride at the upcoming theme park.
- Azkatraz recap! We had a ton of fun meeting and hanging with the listeners!
- Our 4 year anniversary is coming up very soon. We discuss how we’ll celebrate.
- MuggleMail addresses listener reaction to Half-Blood Prince.
- The rest of our show goes through lots of Half-Blood Prince talk. Best film? Best acting? Scariest scenes? What did WB miss? We talk about it ALL!
Running time: 1:23:55, 38.5 MB
- The best trailer yet? If not, where does it rank?
- The hosts breakdown the trailer and analyze the new scenes.
- The Unbreakable Vow, the Quidditch Pitch and the Dark Mark.
- Harry and Ginny get closer while Ron takes a beating from Hermione.
- There’s a lady in a London scene who looks absolutely petrified.
- Slughorn yelling, Katie Bell attacked and a wand tribute.
- Draco gets some airtime: what’s with the whiny voice?
- Snape’s story finally exposed! “It’s over!”
- Does WB President Alan Horn sing the hit song ‘Circus’?
- We take your live calls and Tweets.
- Other news covers the release date change, Jamie Waylett, J.K. Rowling, Jamie Campbell Bower, HBP posters and the DH Epilogue.
Running time: 1:42:36, 46.9 MB
- The latest Movie, Beedle, and Exhibition news.
- Happy Birthday, Laura!
- MuggleMail addresses our Beedle show.
- Book Discussion: Was the final battle between Harry and Voldemort a disappointment?
- We look at why some people were hoping for more.
- We discuss the reasons why the battle was short, Harry’s signature spell, and much more.
- A cool parallel between Snape’s lessons to Harry and the final battle.
- Lupin’s influence on Harry throughout Deathly Hallows.
- Holiday Discussion! Questions sent in via Twitter.
- Voicemails address various topics.
- Chicken Soup: Finals Edition.
- What do with the MuggleCast Australia voicemail number?
Running time: 1:31:48, 38.4 MB
- It’s our first live show since March!
- We discuss the just-released Half-Blood Prince teaser trailer.
- Michael Gambon is different in this trailer. But how?
- Hero Fiennes-Tiffen was a great casting decision.
- We take your calls about the trailer.
- Eric and Jamie have statements for the listeners in light of their absence.
- Andrew tells a story of a recent natural disaster.
- Spy on Spartz!
- Contribute to Teddy Bears for Hope.
Running time: 2:00:13, 55.1 MB
- We kick off the show with talk about our future.
- JK Rowling’s speech at Harvard was, well, awesome.
- Harry Potter the MMORPG… would it be a success?
- Portus 2008 is just over a month away!
- 3rd Annual Wear Your MuggleCast T-Shirt Day was a success!
- MuggleMail address some cool foreshadowing.
- Chapter by Chapter: Chapter 32, The Elder Wand.
- We discuss the effect of Fred’s death on Harry.
- Why did Voldemort use the Shrieking Shack?
- McGonagall and her Beauty and the Beast magic.
- Voicemails tackle a broad range of Potter topics.
- Sorting Hat: Laura Mallory… the squib?
- Chicken Soup for the MuggleCast Soul.
- Mikey B! Mikey B! MIKEY B! POOF!
Running time: 1:27:00, 39.9 MB